Bike novice seeking conversion advice

maverickr

Just Joined
May 17, 2021
Dear all,

I own a Giant Defy 2014(M/L)which I bought to commute to work but have hardly used it since due to laziness/distance. With the corona situation, I am now looking to avoid the London tube and breath new life into my road bike by electrifying it.

Based on online research, I today ordered a 36V 350W 28"(700C) Rear Motor Kit for Cassette × 1 and 36V 10Ah E-Bike Down Tube Battery from Yose power. I have a few questions that i would like to clarify before I install my kit and would really appreciate if someone could help me with them(they maybe stupid) -

1) Basic - did i order the right type of kit? - I believe i need a cassette(not a freehwheel) but wanted to double check

2) PAS sensor - I believe the stock sensor supplied with the kit isn't suitable for my bottom bracket. The Hollowtech sensor seems to be out of stock - what would be the easiest sensor to install that I can buy? I am worried that there might not be enough space to install the PAS sensor on a road bike like mine(I don't want to mess with the frame). As a compatible sensor may not be available, can I test the kit is operational without connecting one?

3)Torque arm - As my bike is a composite, do i need a torque arm? If so, do they come in standardised sizes or need to be custom built?

4) Having watched a few videos on how to replace the rear wheel, I feel fairly confident that I can do that but the PAS sensor installation seems quite confusing. I don't plan to use the throttle and therefore don't think need the brake cut outs. Is that fair?

Thank you in advance for your help.