BMS Battery Q85 Conversion Kit Issues

Darksector26

Just Joined
Aug 13, 2018
Hi

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of months now and decided to take the plunge and buy a conversion kit for my Dahon folder. I decided on the Q85 motor and the whole conversion kit sold by BMS Battery as i want something "plug and play" for my first attempt.

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/575-q85-36v250w-front-v-brake-e-bike-whole-kit-ebike-kit.html#/214-rpm-328/381-display-lcd5

The kit arrived last weekend however I seem to be having some issues. After connecting it all up the front wheel will spin when the bike is upside down using both the throttle and the PAS, however when the bike is upright the motor sounds like its spinning but the wheel doesn't move when turning the throttle. There's a very slight jerk forward and the motor sounds like its running at full speed but other than that no movement from the bike.

I initially put this down to the motor being quiet weak and i had only really wanted it to help out on some minor slopes for my new commute route (office moving in a few weeks). However full throttle won't sustain any speed when i stop pedalling and the bike comes to a stop at about the same time as if the motor was off...

Also about 5 miles into a test run this weekend the Q85 hub seems to have unscrewed itself and was starting to wobble on the axle. I tighten it up and hobbled the bike back home and now it seems to be running the same as before. Off the ground the motor will turn the wheel however it doesn't seem to turn if there's any pressure on the wheel (either the ground or just pressing on the wheel lightly with a finger).

I've messaged BMS Battery to see if they had any suggestions, but also couldn't seem to find anyone on here reporting similar issues so I thought i'd post and see if I've done something very stupid or if there's anything i can do to test the kit...

The only other thing i can think to mention is that the controller is an S06P and there have been a few posts of these not working well with the Q85 motor however i'm not sure whether my issue would be classed as not working well or not at all...

Hope this contains enough info and let me know if you need to know anything more or for me to try.

Thanks