Bosch 45km drive unit

mr mailbox

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 19, 2013
image.jpeg image.jpeg hi to all see enclosed my drive unit which is 2 yrs and 8 Mths old which as failed with just under 10,000km on the clock ,shocking service from Bosch there don't want to know ,is there anywhere I can obtain a new gog from ,without paying the very expensive Bosch price of nearly 700 € any help would be most welcome .
Regards nigel

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
View attachment 13457 View attachment 13457 hi to all see enclosed my drive unit which is 2 yrs and 8 Mths old which as failed with just under 10,000km on the clock ,shocking service from Bosch there don't want to know ,is there anywhere I can obtain a new gog from ,without paying the very expensive Bosch price of nearly 700 € any help would be most welcome .
Regards nigel
I came across this guy in my travels... Never used him but he told me if it's made of plastic he can re-manufacture it, has to be worth a try Screenshot_2016-03-16-18-34-17.png

Reactions: soundwave

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Wonder if a good engineering shop may be able to make one of metal. Don't know if that would be practical

gray

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
pm this guy on here ,he has a few ;)

http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/in...e-gegen-knacken-und-zahnradbruch.39031/page-2

Hi,
unfortunately I can not speak foreign languages except German Translating with Google Translator is not available for "technical terms" + expressions disaster However, I have noticed that you are interested in a milled replacement gear. Yes, I still have 13 units in stock. However, I can only in conjunction with an overall conversion (additional floating bearing - support bearing + slip coupling) a broken gear can be converted to slip clutch. Therefore, the plastic, even if broken, to repair necessary. the defects gear is milled off, the inner part is called "entraining composite" needed. Anyway, I need the whole engine for repair with me in the shop. this is necessary because the additional support bearing must be incorporated into the housing. Please all the pictures that exist on this subject, again look closely, then it becomes clear why it is here After refitting is cracking "history" also, the gear can no longer break since excessive torque, the driving disks exceed their breakaway. the biggest problem is the distance to you (UK = United Kingdom?)here, the transportation costs are already account for a large part of the actual ingredients costs and labor. Aso it is possible, but a new drive of Ebay (has indeed no slipping clutch + support bearings) but usually costs between 250-350Euro. I buy only even those with a broken gear and revised this. Maybe I offer these times in Ebay for purchase, which I do not really like to do. (N): Unsure:
(N):(

mr mailbox

Jan 19, 2013
pm this guy on here ,he has a few ;)

http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/in...e-gegen-knacken-und-zahnradbruch.39031/page-2

Hi,
unfortunately I can not speak foreign languages except German Translating with Google Translator is not available for "technical terms" + expressions disaster However, I have noticed that you are interested in a milled replacement gear. Yes, I still have 13 units in stock. However, I can only in conjunction with an overall conversion (additional floating bearing - support bearing + slip coupling) a broken gear can be converted to slip clutch. Therefore, the plastic, even if broken, to repair necessary. the defects gear is milled off, the inner part is called "entraining composite" needed. Anyway, I need the whole engine for repair with me in the shop. this is necessary because the additional support bearing must be incorporated into the housing. Please all the pictures that exist on this subject, again look closely, then it becomes clear why it is here After refitting is cracking "history" also, the gear can no longer break since excessive torque, the driving disks exceed their breakaway. the biggest problem is the distance to you (UK = United Kingdom?)here, the transportation costs are already account for a large part of the actual ingredients costs and labor. Aso it is possible, but a new drive of Ebay (has indeed no slipping clutch + support bearings) but usually costs between 250-350Euro. I buy only even those with a broken gear and revised this. Maybe I offer these times in Ebay for purchase, which I do not really like to do. (N): Unsure:
(N):(
Regards
Hi I can ship the motor over to you for about £20.00, how much would it be to do the work and send back to me .
Regards nigel ,,,,, ps trying to find a new motor on eBay is very rare ,,there don't come up for sale very often ,,you can only buy from Bosch .

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

mr mailbox

Jan 19, 2013
its not me on the other forum so prob best to pm him ur self and save all the confusion.

he can fix it just as above just needs the motor to fit that part.

you can get a new motor here http://www.pro-cycling-golla.de/E-Bike_Ersatzteile___Hersteller___Antriebe/Bosch_Classic_/Motor_und_Zubehoer.html
Hi I have tried to join the forum to pm the guy to ask about repairing my motor !,no luck ,,,language barrier I can't understand german It won't let me join to pm him.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not sure why you cant join? but i have sent him a pm with a link to this thread and asked for his email addr so will pm it you if he sends me 1.

mr mailbox

Jan 19, 2013
Hallo hallo Ich muss wissen, wo mein Motor zu schicken ich dieser Typ auf dem Forum nicht p.m. können Sie könnten Sie mir mit diesem bitte helfen?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
for a new motor yes he will need to take it to a dealer to activate it with the bosch software.

be ok if he can get his motor fixed tho ;)

mr mailbox

Jan 19, 2013
The bike is not illegal,,,it as tax ,,, insurance,,, number plate meets all the requirements thanks

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The bike is not illegal,,,it as tax ,,, insurance,,, number plate meets all the requirements thanks

Yeah right, of course it has and does! :rolleyes:

That being the case, then your own admission of breaking the law (see below), is made even worse.

Hi to all can anyone recommend a decent road/off road Tyre for my kalkhoff there are fitted with continental contact tyres 3 punctures in a week enough is enough the bike is mainly used on the canal tow paths, i don't mind but its only 2 weeks old, so any help would be most appreciated regards

Last edited: