Bosch mid drive active

David Flanagan

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Ireland
Hi any you guys can help me ? bought a cube ebike with mid drive active 36v battery,Any other mid drive motor fit in this frame as really do not want bosch motor as battery has died and want to re cell but bosch have proprietry bms/ batteries.Really want to be able to rebuild my own battery as do have lots of cells

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if the batt is dead then it cant be recelled no other batt will work as the bms has to work with the motor or it will not turn on.

David Flanagan

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Ireland
Hi actually only replaced 2 cells which had dropped below 2.5 volts.I have now charged cells and all sitting at 4.00 volts.I checked battery and single led is lighting.Put battery into bike and press start and the display lights up for a second and goes back off !!!!!

D

Deleted member 25121

Hi actually only replaced 2 cells which had dropped below 2.5 volts.I have now charged cells and all sitting at 4.00 volts.I checked battery and single led is lighting.Put battery into bike and press start and the display lights up for a second and goes back off !!!!!
It's likely that the Battery Management System inside the battery pack has detected that the battery has been tampered with and is causing the system to shut down.
It might be worth your while contacting a Bosch service agent to see what they suggest could be done to fix the problem.
If you were able to use a different motor you'd also have to replace the controller and battery pack, one option would be to get the Cube fixed, sell it and go for a system based on Chinese components which are easier to modify.