Brake sensors XF08 tektro

Mcfly24

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2024
Hi ,

just in the process of fitting my XF08 from woosh.
Any ideas on how best to fit the brake sensors to tektro xiuriga brakes? There really isn’t much movement on the levers and not sure of the range on the magnetic sensor..57450

thanks in advance :)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi ,

just in the process of fitting my XF08 from woosh.
Any ideas on how best to fit the brake sensors to tektro xiuriga brakes? There really isn’t much movement on the levers and not sure of the range on the magnetic sensor..View attachment 57450

thanks in advance :)
There should be an adjuster screw between the lever and the piston, which might give you a bit more lever movement before the brake engages.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I fix them using hot glue and test, so I can easily move them if they need to be adjusted. I don’t bother with the sticky pads that are supplied anymore.

Then when I’m happy with the position I peel off the hot glue and clean up with a bit of alcohol, then use high strength glue for a permanent bond.

I found those sticky pads or hot glue not good enough for long term use and the magnets fall of after a while.

If you have a hole in the magnet you can easily drill and tap an M3 thread into the lever, but that’s not necessary if you use decent glue.

Here is a photo of one of mine temporarily fixed on a tektro brake assembly with hot glue to get the position right.

IMG_0107.jpeg