Bullet proof derailleur for BBSHD

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Can anyone recommend a bullet proof derailleur/cassette for a BBSHD motor ? i am currently running a Shimano SLX with a 10 spd cassette but that has just got snapped off at the hanger by a branch and the derailleur itself is twisted also so its time for a change or maybe replace like with like again? i have 1300 miles on this setup.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Can anyone recommend a bullet proof derailleur/cassette for a BBSHD motor ? i am currently running a Shimano SLX with a 10 spd cassette but that has just got snapped off at the hanger by a branch and the derailleur itself is twisted also so its time for a change or maybe replace like with like again? i have 1300 miles on this setup.
Were you using a gear sensor? if not, you might want to think about putting one on your shopping list.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
good idea thanks

Were you using a gear sensor? if not, you might want to think about putting one on your shopping list.
Yes i use a gear sensor it was a branch that got stuck in the derailleur

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Before I moved to hub gears , I found the sram x9 was very sturdy and value for money have not used the x10 I wonder what Electron cycles use or Luna cycles recommend