Cable question

Old Bloke

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 19, 2015
Folks

I'm installing a TSDZ2 on my wife's recumbent trike and I think I will need an extension cable.

Does anyone know what this connector/cable is called and where I might be able to get an extension cable?

Connectors.jpg

Thanks

OB

Old Bloke

Dec 19, 2015
thanks d8veh, I was hoping to avoid splicing - partly for appearance/waterproofing, partly because of lack of skill. But, if I can't find the cable I'll have to rope my son in to do some soldering/splicing for me. :)

D

Deleted member 4366

I'd be very surprised if you could find one of those cables, let alone one the right length.

It's not difficult. You just need thin heatshrink for each cable and thicker for the overall. Here's a hint: stagger the joins every centimeter so that you don't end up with a massive bulge.

I'm not sure what you mean by waterproof. It'll be a lot more waterproof by splicing than with a connector.

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
I'd be very surprised if you could find one of those cables, let alone one the right length.

It's not difficult. You just need thin heatshrink for each cable and thicker for the overall. Here's a hint: stagger the joins every centimeter so that you don't end up with a massive bulge.

I'm not sure what you mean by waterproof. It'll be a lot more waterproof by splicing than with a connector.
Nice tip:)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Old Bloke

Dec 19, 2015

Thanks for the hint. I may end up having to splice.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks, I'll follow it up.
I think he was in Germany, Higo do a 6 pin mini B which some one posted a link to for a German supplier but the 6 pin didn't have the same flat side to it.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union