Carrera

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
ping is yours a 2016 or 2017 model (lcd display is removable it slides out of handlebar mount) on 2017.
I demoed the crossfire/Vulcan last Monday and asked about the cutout problems and was told new software on 2017 models.

but the halford guy had to remove and reinsert lcd display a couple of times for it to make contact with the copper strips underneath.
had no cutouts on 30-40mins test run.
but I would not want the bike to cut out if descending a steepish hill on narrow country lanes with traffic

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

PingCrosby

Just Joined
Apr 21, 2017
UK
Hi, yes mine is the Vulcan, it's new for 2017. It hasn't actually cut out whilst I was riding it, it only seems to have happened when I come to a stop at lights etc, and I agree with you about the copper strips under the display because if you move the display slightly when it's connected it flickers slightly, might try bending them out slightly and see if it makes any difference. Don't really want to muck about with it too much as it's brand new, like I say I sort of expected this problem from former crossfire threads and it hasn't put me off getting the bike at all it's a cracking bike. I also liked the crossfire but I've already got a non electric hybrid and fancied doing some trails and more off road stuff and soon as I saw this bike across a crowded room it was love at first sight lol. I even sold my gixxer thou so I could get the money together for it lol

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing