CarreraE Bafang bbs01b

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
well People I could not resist the temptation. I had to get out on the bike so I've fitted the mud guards and done a little 10mile run..up hills I wouldn't normally go..Well I must say in throttle mode it is good. In PAS mode I can't get used to that bogging down...it's like I'm fighting the thing..I'm out pedaling it..maybe I need to tweak the power of PAS. Is this the KEEP Current. And how far does one take it..also the power take up needs adjustment it's a little slow for my liking .And power off is a little late. Do we have any other riders settings for viewing on the forum.
Other than that I'm loving it.. I even managed to get asked by someone where I got it and could they have the forum details..Maybe another convert..lol
Jim

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I think the 'Keep Current(%)' works this way. It reduces the current to a percentage, as d8veh mentions, after an initial surge. This percentage is a user defined parameter in the 'Pedal Assist' tab in the Bafang software.

Now this is where is can get tricky. It doesn't just reduce it to a percentage of your BBSxx's maximum capable current. It actually reduces it in addition to the 'Limit Current(%)' settings in the 'Basic' tab.

I.e. The user has PAS 1 'Limit Current(%)' programmed to 50% and the 'Keep Current(%)' to 40%. If it were a BBS02 750w, then the total maximum current it could output would be 25 amps. If the rider uses pedal assist on PAS 1, then you would initially get a burst of 12.5 amps, but the 'Keep Current(%)' would further reduce this to 5 amps, once the motor has got up to speed.

If anyone has any other input on this, it would be much appreciated, as this is simply my take on how I think it works. I could be talking utter boooolsheet :D

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
I think the 'Keep Current(%)' works this way. It reduces the current to a percentage, as d8veh mentions, after an initial surge. This percentage is a user defined parameter in the 'Pedal Assist' tab in the Bafang software.

Now this is where is can get tricky. It doesn't just reduce it to a percentage of your BBSxx's maximum capable current. It actually reduces it in addition to the 'Limit Current(%)' settings in the 'Basic' tab.

I.e. The user has PAS 1 'Limit Current(%)' programmed to 50% and the 'Keep Current(%)' to 40%. If it were a BBS02 750w, then the total maximum current it could output would be 25 amps. If the rider uses pedal assist on PAS 1, then you would initially get a burst of 12.5 amps, but the 'Keep Current(%)' would further reduce this to 5 amps, once the motor has got up to speed.

If anyone has any other input on this, it would be much appreciated, as this is simply my take on how I think it works. I could be talking utter boooolsheet :D
Thanks for the input guys
But what do i need to adjust to get the thing right..lol

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
I have my keep current at 80% but have spread my LC out over the 9 levels starting at 20 and increasing to 100

Works for me:)

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
I have my keep current at 80% but have spread my LC out over the 9 levels starting at 20 and increasing to 100

Works for me:)
Thanks I've noticed I only have 5 PAS levels showing on the display. I have the C18 colour display..I wonder if I can change it at the display settings.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks I've noticed I only have 5 PAS levels showing on the display. I have the C18 colour display..I wonder if I can change it at the display settings.
I've got a dpc 14 (colour)

It came with 5 and I had to change to 9

It was in the advanced settings menu

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
well People I could not resist the temptation. I had to get out on the bike so I've fitted the mud guards and done a little 10mile run..up hills I wouldn't normally go..Well I must say in throttle mode it is good. In PAS mode I can't get used to that bogging down...it's like I'm fighting the thing..I'm out pedaling it..maybe I need to tweak the power of PAS. Is this the KEEP Current. And how far does one take it..also the power take up needs adjustment it's a little slow for my liking .And power off is a little late. Do we have any other riders settings for viewing on the forum.
Other than that I'm loving it.. I even managed to get asked by someone where I got it and could they have the forum details..Maybe another convert..lol
Jim
https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
you may have to input 1919
Thanks Tommie
I've been and had a look and there is no setting other than Eco or sport and 5 levels of PAS so maybe I need to check if there is any other settings in the password protection bit..I was told the password the other day but thought I did not need it.

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
I told you the other day about the three dots to acess the advanced menu this also is where the max speed is hidden
Teach me not to listen..lol did you have the same problem with Eco and sport mode..and only 5 PAS

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
yes I think every body has the problem at the first ride. pas on level 9 is fun when you have not adjusted the limiter it is like running into a very steep hill but then i found the luna cycles site with the how to vids and reading the posts on here you soon learn

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Ok well I have checked and I can't find a way to access the display to alter the PAS mode. I've managed to get access to the display settings and the battery settings and the fault code settings..But no PAS level control anywhere..

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
it looks like your supplier has the kit built and programed to there own spec the 18 appears to have less features than the 14 that I use hope the vid helps

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
it looks like your supplier has the kit built and programed to there own spec the 18 appears to have less features than the 14 that I use hope the vid helps
Yer I wonder if I can still change the controller settings . I will check..