Brake: Disc brake
Control model: 1:1 PAS, 3-level assistance
Range: Full electric ≥ 25km PAS:100Km
Speed: 25Km/h——32Km/h
Weight: 24Kg
Load capacity: 100Kgs
Charge time: 5-8h
Climbing ability: ≥10°

It goes up to 32km/h and can roll once folded (according to the seller). It's just a bit heavy but I think I should accomodate that.

Do you think it's a good deal?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I doubt if anything that weight and size will get through customs without getting slapped with import tax.
They do mention this in the blurb though.
Bike looks ok to me :)

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
What can I do against taxes? Also I don't think it's CE approved... may that be seized by customs?

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Nothing you can do about taxes - other than pay them :)

Lack of CE wont cause it to be seized.

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Looks like a decent bike, please let us know how you get on, be interesting to hear how it works out with taxes etc. I bought some electronics parts like this (direct from china) and the value of the goods was declared as much lower than their true value so the tax worked out not too bad.
The value of the items I purchased was about £400 but they were declared as having a value of £100 and I seem to remember having to pay the DHL delivery man about £20.

Can't remember what the tax was though, is it vat that is added on when you import an item like this?

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
Looks like a decent bike, please let us know how you get on, be interesting to hear how it works out with taxes etc. I bought some electronics parts like this (direct from china) and the value of the goods was declared as much lower than their true value so the tax worked out not too bad.
The value of the items I purchased was about £400 but they were declared as having a value of £100 and I seem to remember having to pay the DHL delivery man about £20.

Can't remember what the tax was though, is it vat that is added on when you import an item like this?
DHL are known to be hot on collecting taxes and their fee for 'handling' it. Are there other shippers?

There were threads about Import Duties, search the forum for them. AIR after the Import Duty VAT is payable?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I don't know from whom the dealer is going to send the bike. I suppose I'll declare 250USD as bike price. So I'll end up with 50GBP taxes.

I'll look at the forum import duties. Finger crossed, hope it's going to be a good bike.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Customs might want to see a webpage with the real price showing, not just a receipt which could me made out for any bogus amount. Irish C&E wanted to see the ebay/Paypal printouts so they could charge me the relevant amount - I didn't mind that at all, but what stings is paying VAT and duty on the postage costs too.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I already considered this option. But 25km/h is too slow.

I rather purchase a normal bike which would easily go at this speed.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I already considered this option. But 25km/h is too slow.

I rather purchase a normal bike which would easily go at this speed.
The one on eBay wont go any faster, it's limited by its 24 volt battery!!
Slight specification exaggeration me thinks :eek:
If it was geared to go faster than 15mph, then it would take forever to reach top speed.

Gogs

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2011
Berwickshire

You have to pay Import duty at 4%, and also Vat at 20%, all based on the commercial Invoice from the supplier, so it does depend on total he has charged.

D

Deleted member 4366

You don't have to panic about customs duty because it's outside you control.
Firstly, there's a good chance that you won't have to pay anything - even if it comes by DHL.
Secondly, the supplier will probably have understated the value, so, if you do have to pay, it'll be less than you should.
If you challenge the amount that they charge you, then you'll need to provide evidence of the actual cost, but,as I said above, I don't think that you'll be challenging anything.
So just sit back and relax and wait for your bike, and then enjoy it when it comes. Then let us know all about it because I'm sure lots of other people want help with choosing a suitable bike.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
ok thanks for your answer d8veh.

Seller told me bike can go up to 40km/h. It's not a restricted bike. Hope it's not going to take too long to reach this max speed..

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
ok thanks for your answer d8veh.

Seller told me bike can go up to 40km/h. It's not a restricted bike. Hope it's not going to take too long to reach this max speed..
Assisted???
Think yer gonna be disappointed.
Don't say I didn't warn you :eek:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I'm in agreement with Fordulike on this and I really hope you're able to report back in due course that your choice of bike is something special but I'm afraid I don't follow the thought processes which caused you to home in on this particular machine.

For me, the perceived price advantage over some well-respected bikes readily available here in the UK, with first-class back-up if needed, isn't sufficient in my mind to warrant the risks involved in a purchase from China using ebay. The seller hasn't the best feedback on his low-volume sales but perhaps I'm missing something.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you're not stung for too much duty/other charges for your trouble in selecting this rather left-field choice when we've never had such a great variety of budget ebikes available to us in the UK as we have today.

Keep us posted.

Indalo

C

Cyclezee

You have to pay Import duty at 4%, and also Vat at 20%, all based on the commercial Invoice from the supplier, so it does depend on total he has charged.
A minor correction here if I may Gogs, UK duty for goods imported from outside the EU is actually 6% plus 20% VAT.

Some manage to avoid it, I never have.

Regards,

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Indalo,

I do not purchase abroad because of the price advantage. Actually the bike is more expensive than if I purchase it in UK.

I just don't see the point about having an electric bike limited to 25km/h. I'm perfectly healthy and I'm fine with peddling at 20-25km/h. What I need is a vehicle fast enough and practical to carry.

To my knowledge, in the UK there is no e-bike light or fast enough. At least if I buy from this dealer the bike runs faster, can roll once folded and has 2 years warranty on the bike AND the battery. No dealer in the UK can provide that. (if so, just let me know)

I just cross my finger and hope the seller is not exagerating what he told me: Up to 40km/h (but I would largely accomodate 35km/h) and ability to roll once folded. (will make videos review)

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
cwah,

I know that we are all sounding a bit negative, on the bike that clearly meets your check list of what you want out of a bike.
I did detect a slight hint of animosity in your last post to Indalo :eek:
The only thing that worries me, is the vendor or reseller of Conhismotor products.
I spent many months researching my first electric bike, with help from the knowledgeable people on this forum.
I looked extensively into kits as well. Conhismotor was on my initial check list for reasonably priced kits, and I looked at forums which had buyer's experiences with this company.
Unfortunately, this happened to be one of the Chinese companies which offered less than admirable after-sales service.
In short, a lot of customers have been ignored once the company got their money, and their warranty means diddley squit.
I settled on a Cyclamatic, and quite rightly wasn't expecting the last word in reliability.
Sure enough, in the first year I had problems with the battery, which had to be sent back to SportsHq.
They fixed it free of charge and without any postal costs to me (courier collected from home :)). This happened twice.
The warranty has since long expired, but now I know enough about my bike to fix any problems myself.
If you buy this bike, you will have no legal back-up to help you out, as you would from a UK seller.
If they do honour any repairs, it will cost you to send it back to China.
At the end of the day, it's your risk to go ahead with the purchase, but do factor in long, long waits, whilst a fault is being repaired.