Controller problems

adzere

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2019
Hello everybody. I have a 1500w conversion kit. comes with a 52v l-ion battery.
it all worked, as it came as a complete kit. the battery is 52v but the controller is 48v however the internals say ddifferent. 56v capacitors and stuff. ( im no sparky)
but i didnt bodge it together ,,( completely )
it was all compaterble. Anyway i didnt tighten the motor on with a torqe arm or properly, and i broke 2 small wires comwing from the motor as it flew off undsr throttle. i solderd these 2 small ( hall wires i think ) and ot worked. :( ive done it again :/ shout and screem i know..... but its done. now i know i need a bike person to help me.
( i will)

But heres my problem. i soldered all the wires from the motor again. the phase wires and everything. I just cut the whole lot and soldered it all together again and shrink wrapped it. ( tape ) lol but it all works. its good and the ebike tester kit for chinese bikes tells me its all good. the hall wires the phase wires and the coils. the motor works.

However now when i put the bike on and plug it all in. The screen lights up and the battery voltage is there, but no throttle, and the battery symbol bar is empty, despite the voltage showing above the empty battery bar????? i did notice the bike turned itself on and stuff when i was working on it upside down, but has this realy changed a setting ? or is it a short, or something blown. the controller insides look ok and doesent smell. i have no idea. or even what controller i can use that has the same innerds and capability to work with my lcd screeen. somebody please help me

adzere

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2019
Hello everybody. I have a 1500w conversion kit. comes with a 52v l-ion battery.
it all worked, as it came as a complete kit. the battery is 52v but the controller is 48v however the internals say ddifferent. 56v capacitors and stuff. ( im no sparky)
but i didnt bodge it together ,,( completely )
it was all compaterble. Anyway i didnt tighten the motor on with a torqe arm or properly, and i broke 2 small wires comwing from the motor as it flew off undsr throttle. i solderd these 2 small ( hall wires i think ) and ot worked. :( ive done it again :/ shout and screem i know..... but its done. now i know i need a bike person to help me.
( i will)

But heres my problem. i soldered all the wires from the motor again. the phase wires and everything. I just cut the whole lot and soldered it all together again and shrink wrapped it. ( tape ) lol but it all works. its good and the ebike tester kit for chinese bikes tells me its all good. the hall wires the phase wires and the coils. the motor works.

However now when i put the bike on and plug it all in. The screen lights up and the battery voltage is there, but no throttle, and the battery symbol bar is empty, despite the voltage showing above the empty battery bar????? i did notice the bike turned itself on and stuff when i was working on it upside down, but has this realy changed a setting ? or is it a short, or something blown. the controller insides look ok and doesent smell. i have no idea. or even what controller i can use that has the same innerds and capability to work with my lcd screeen. somebody please help me

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
When you twist the motor wires, you can get a short between the motor phase wires and one of the hall wires, which will blitz the CPU in your controller. It can also wipe out every other 5v device in your system, like PAS, throttle and motor halls.

Start with the motor. With everything powered:
1. Check that you have 5V between the red and black hall wires.
2. Check between the black and each hall wire to see the 5v going on and off as the wheel rotates.

You can test more directly with your ebike test, which has flashing LEDs on it to show that the motor halls are working along with the 5V on the hall wires.

The LCD takes its power directly from the battery, so will always come on as long as it has a battery supply and its not broken. It should show the battery voltage even when the controller is faulty, though it is possible that its CPU got damaged along withe the controller's CPU.

You can test the controller with your ebike tester too. Connect it up to the right connectors. when you switch on or use the throttle, you should see the phase LEDs go through a sequence even when the motor doesn't work.

To test your throttle:
1. Check that you have 5V between the red and black hall wires.
2. Check between voltage between the black and signal wire (third one) while you twist the throttle. It should give about 1.2v at low throttle and 3.8v fully open.