Conversion costs

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Not strictly true or limited to a small number of users. THIS IS A HUB ORIENTATED EBIKE SITE, so what you get is not mid drive/rear hub but 'oh rear drive is superiour, mid drive is rubbish,only a fool would buy a mid drive'. With the emphasis on self conversion rather than off the peg so to speak.
Im on two other Ebike forums, both are very busy, both have more regular users than here and both accept chat about all types of ebike without one side being pushed over the other.

This is why I make the jokes I make about hubdrive. Im a counter to this clique elitist nonsense. Just doing what I always do and fighting the man.
It's about bums on saddles, and a basic standard of quality, because without the basic standard of quality, we lose bums on saddles.
This certainly isn't a site orientated to hub motors there are lots of pro mid-drive postings. I'm pro myself but only for off-road use I overall prefer hub motors for road use mainly due to the simplicity and value rather than actually being better from a performance viewpoint. Hub motors are more your Toyota Corolla of ebikes and mid-drive are more your BMW type of car. One is much cheaper to run and more reliable and the other has better performance. Horses for courses type of thing. I know that is a gross simplification but as a general rule I think it works quite well.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

10 years of what it costs to keep my bike going :p

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
From school you do this, job in the supermarket, go to uni or college,while working in a bar or some sort of eatery, pick a career and then work at that for the rest of your days.

The above pic strongly suggests whatever career you went for, dealing cocaine would probably have been the better choice.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: MikelBikel