Conversion costs

chris667

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2009
Can you give examples of Soundwave's bad advice on ebikes?
Soundwave has offered no advice on eBikes in this thread.

All we have received in this thread is inane nonsense where he's shown us pictures of his knuckledusters, called everyone who disagreed with him a retard, made a veiled threat about putting me in traction and boasting about how he got two people sacked because he managed to get a benefits decision reversed at a tribunal.

He and a couple of others on this forum are making the whole forum harder to find information because they're filling the forum with utter gibberish.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

All we have received in this thread is inane nonsense where he's shown us pictures of his knuckledusters, called everyone who disagreed with him a retard, made a veiled threat about putting me in traction and boasting about how he got two people sacked because he managed to get a benefits decision reversed at a tribunal.

He and a couple of others on this forum are making the whole forum harder to find information because they're filling the forum with utter gibberish.
He posts irrelevant stuff, but that's not bad advice. when he gives advice, it's generally pretty good.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022

You have posted 14 times on this thread not ONE comment addressing the OPs question, it's you that's 'filling the forum with utter gibberish'.

You made you pov clear early on, others disagreed, deal with it, stop hijacking threads with your woke comments or better start you own thread.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
go see the Brexit thread pmsl

go see the Brexit thread pmsl.

and i have to oldest fastest bosch bike on this forum at over 10 years old and over 15000 posts.

bugger off over there if you dont like it.

i got banned for telling ppl to replace the bosch controllers with 3rd party ones and batts, dont like that pmsl im braking the law oh no:eek:

chris667

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2009
He posts irrelevant stuff, but that's not bad advice
He's posted nothing of relevance here at all. Not in this thread anyway.

For the purpose of his entertainment, the whole thread is full of utter shite. You might find some useful information, but it's really hard to do so and most won't bother.

The OP who wanted to get a question about ebikes answered hasn't been back since the end of last month. And so, this forum marches further towards irrelevance.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

For the purpose of his entertainment, the whole thread is full of utter shite. You might find some useful information, but it's really hard to do so and most won't bother.

The OP who wanted to get a question about ebikes answered hasn't been back since the end of last month. And so, this forum marches further towards irrelevance.
and thats how this forum works a bike question can turn in to how to brake in to a bank or make meth :p

i can do both ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Roughly what would it cost, to take a non-electric bike (say an old steel rigid mountain bike), and apply a kit to make it an electrically-assisted bike, ideally of sufficient power so that it could achieve 30mph (so it could keep up with traffic on the slowest of roads) ? (Doing the conversion work work oneself).

oh no the op wanted a non legal ebike, like i said fkn retard :rolleyes: u on crack as well :p

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022

So why are you still here posting your own 'shite'....?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if the op wants a bike that can do what he wants go speak to my m8 here.

bbshd will get them to over 40mph with the programming cable and 52v controller.

want to go faster a budget unlimited we can go 200mph baby prob wont go very far tho.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240217_005642[1].jpg

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
oh no the op wanted a non legal ebike, like i said fkn retard :rolleyes: u on crack as well :p
Definition of an e-bike retard.....

Someone who persistently and constantly promotes his/her supa-dupa electric moped on a forum started and supported by groups of people who SPECIFICALLY created the forum to help and support people who want to get involved with pedelecs, which are fully legal electrically assisted bicycles, not electric mopeds.

Someone who constantly and persistently, declares they use drugs and can supply them to others (so alleging themselves to be drug dealers), who claim to have no regard for the laws of the land, and even offer violence to people who disagrees with their illegal use of electric mopeds.

Someone who posts pictures of their clothing while they ride, giving the police ample guidance on what to look for when searching for them, and who gave them a useful clue on their whereabouts many times by specifying where they use their electric moped. (Gloucester/Bristol.) And why might the police be looking for them, and not other food delivery persons using an illegal e-bike? Because on a public forum, they showed the world they owned and were prepared to use one or both of the zombie knives they own. And should phoning the forum owners for an IP address from which the owner of said zombie knives would be found (not giving them an IP address would risk forum owners getting arrested of course), using the address and details on court document SC286/17/00216 would provide all the necessary contact details anyway.

Someone or some people, who believe their take on what the world should like like, is what the world should be like. Mistaken in the view, their attitude matters more than the great majority. Those who live and promote that attitude 'above the law' would be considered a 'bandit' in most other countries.

If anyone should bugger off, it's the bandits.

This is a public forum, not a Facebook page. Every person who writes here, is a potential ambassador for electrically assisted bicycles. Or is a reason for it to be treated like a function that should be banned.

Likely the great majority of pedestrians want bicycles banned, or moved to the roads with serious penalties for anyone who uses a bicycles anywhere but the road.

Just about every driver of a motor vehicle, would like to see bicycles banned, or at least banned from the road.

Pretty much the only people who want cycling increased, promoted, enjoyed, is cyclists. They are a tiny minority, in the general populace. Electrically assisted cycles are making the pastime more attractive, because it makes cycling less of a challenge, and more of a pleasure. People like me, come to places like this to learn, and get involved. But just like walking into a new pub, if I have to listen to a couple (or more) druggies or criminals shouting their mouths off about their latest criminal activity while in the pub, obviously I'm going to take my business elsewhere. I don't want to listen to criminals promoting their activities, or listen (in this case read) about them being abusive to someone or some people, who want to keep the pub (forum) promoting legal activities. This forum isn't and never has been, about promoting the use of illegal electric mopeds.

I wonder who pays for this forum. I suspect the likes of Wisper bikes, and maybe Whoosh bikes. I wonder how those paying for the site feel about their contributions being used to promote in a very visible way, fitment and use of illegal electric motors? I wonder how they feel about their money being used to promote 'bandit' attitudes, drug use, and zombie knife ownership that comes with threats of violence. I very much doubt supporting those public claims, will do, is doing their business much good. "Guilty" by association?

As to suggestions people promoting drugs/electric mopeds/zombie knife ownership is doing no harm, look at retention rates for new members. Do the older, more established members here, really think threads like this, attitudes shown here, REALLY helps encourage membership, and participation in pedelec ownership? Or attracts more people who ask for sources of illegal motors?

I'm done with this thread. Today I'll be going to work with no breakfast so I could write this, to challenge what I think is a bad influence here. It doesn't matter I haven't (yet) made 15000 posts, a bad influence is a bad influence. People who want to live outside the law, can do what they like, as I've said, I'm not their mother. But I'm not going to sit on my hands while they insult others for not supporting their illegal activity. Nor should other members who want to promote their ideals, which is (from I've been told by them) is the legal use of electrically assisted bicycles.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
go to ebike shop one of the biggest ebike dealers in the uk they sell and fit dongles and will honer the warranty oh no :p

every dealer i know that sells and fix these things uses a dongle oh no ;)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Definition of an e-bike retard.....

Someone who persistently and constantly promotes his/her supa-dupa electric moped on a forum started and supported by groups of people who SPECIFICALLY created the forum to help and support people who want to get involved with pedelecs, which are fully legal electrically assisted bicycles, not electric mopeds.

Someone who constantly and persistently, declares they use drugs and can supply them to others (so alleging themselves to be drug dealers), who claim to have no regard for the laws of the land, and even offer violence to people who disagrees with their illegal use of electric mopeds.

Someone who posts pictures of their clothing while they ride, giving the police ample guidance on what to look for when searching for them, and who gave them a useful clue on their whereabouts many times by specifying where they use their electric moped. (Gloucester/Bristol.) And why might the police be looking for them, and not other food delivery persons using an illegal e-bike? Because on a public forum, they showed the world they owned and were prepared to use one or both of the zombie knives they own. And should phoning the forum owners for an IP address from which the owner of said zombie knives would be found (not giving them an IP address would risk forum owners getting arrested of course), using the address and details on court document SC286/17/00216 would provide all the necessary contact details anyway.

Someone or some people, who believe their take on what the world should like like, is what the world should be like. Mistaken in the view, their attitude matters more than the great majority. Those who live and promote that attitude 'above the law' would be considered a 'bandit' in most other countries.

If anyone should bugger off, it's the bandits.

This is a public forum, not a Facebook page. Every person who writes here, is a potential ambassador for electrically assisted bicycles. Or is a reason for it to be treated like a function that should be banned.

Likely the great majority of pedestrians want bicycles banned, or moved to the roads with serious penalties for anyone who uses a bicycles anywhere but the road.

Just about every driver of a motor vehicle, would like to see bicycles banned, or at least banned from the road.

Pretty much the only people who want cycling increased, promoted, enjoyed, is cyclists. They are a tiny minority, in the general populace. Electrically assisted cycles are making the pastime more attractive, because it makes cycling less of a challenge, and more of a pleasure. People like me, come to places like this to learn, and get involved. But just like walking into a new pub, if I have to listen to a couple (or more) druggies or criminals shouting their mouths off about their latest criminal activity while in the pub, obviously I'm going to take my business elsewhere. I don't want to listen to criminals promoting their activities, or listen (in this case read) about them being abusive to someone or some people, who want to keep the pub (forum) promoting legal activities. This forum isn't and never has been, about promoting the use of illegal electric mopeds.

I wonder who pays for this forum. I suspect the likes of Wisper bikes, and maybe Whoosh bikes. I wonder how those paying for the site feel about their contributions being used to promote in a very visible way, fitment and use of illegal electric motors? I wonder how they feel about their money being used to promote 'bandit' attitudes, drug use, and zombie knife ownership that comes with threats of violence. I very much doubt supporting those public claims, will do, is doing their business much good. "Guilty" by association?

As to suggestions people promoting drugs/electric mopeds/zombie knife ownership is doing no harm, look at retention rates for new members. Do the older, more established members here, really think threads like this, attitudes shown here, REALLY helps encourage membership, and participation in pedelec ownership? Or attracts more people who ask for sources of illegal motors?

I'm done with this thread. Today I'll be going to work with no breakfast so I could write this, to challenge what I think is a bad influence here. It doesn't matter I haven't (yet) made 15000 posts, a bad influence is a bad influence. People who want to live outside the law, can do what they like, as I've said, I'm not their mother. But I'm not going to sit on my hands while they insult others for not supporting their illegal activity. Nor should other members who want to promote their ideals, which is (from I've been told by them) is the legal use of electrically assisted bicycles.
This forum has been running mainly happily for 16 years. Occasionally, the harmony has been disrupted by people, who want it run in their way instead of the way it has always been, or they want to bring in their political agendas. Thankfully, they normally don't stay long. If you don't like it, you can always bu&&er off.

The moderators do quite a good job of keeping the forum harmonious without restricting the ways in which members can express themselves. As I said before, if you think that people are breaking the rules, you can report them. That's how it should work. Your method of making it personal is breaking one of the rules.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
> find humour

searching humour...

undefined object "humour"

humour not found

>

:confused:

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
The moderators do quite a good job of keeping the forum harmonious without restricting the ways in which members can express themselves.
What moderators? There are none.
The only way you can get into trouble here is by trying to sell something without paying up first to the administrator.

Reactions: Bonzo Banana

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Te owners are the moderators and generally Russ & Helen let the forum flow.
One can use the report button to report issues if you feel snow flaky.
In the last few years we did have one objectionable user north of the boarder who was outright offensive/abusive with his language on the forum to a few of us who dissagreeded with them, generally he was out to cause trouble anyway. It took a few weeks of reporting by senior fourm members and maybe another one or two but they did in the end ban him.
In the past folks have been banned but it isn't moderated to the degree that most other woke forums are.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What moderators? There are none.
The only way you can get into trouble here is by trying to sell something without paying up first to the administrator.
There are two, I've communicated with both, met one and very long ago turned down the chance to become one. Moderate cyclists? Mad I am not!

I've seen former members dismissed for extreme misconduct. It's not easy to achieve though, since a very light touch control is preferred by the administrators.

N.B. Post crossed with Neal's.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
There are two
(...)
I've seen former members dismissed for extreme misconduct. It's not easy to achieve though, since a very light touch control is preferred by the administrators.
If it takes weeks and numerous reports, then they don't do a good job, do they?

By giving taps on a shoulder to Borats of this forum we just reinforce their anti social behavior.

I just wonder what slimy rock was certain person hiding under for last decade or two, to think it is OK to call another person a retard.

Last edited: