Conversion kit build for Brompton

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Derek took time to build his but I’m sure it would have been much easier buying a kit, but he didn’t.
of course he did.
I thought I gave you constructive criticism but I accept you did not see it that way.
Let me clarify.
It's a 30 second job for NealH and vfr400 to whip out a crank because they have the right tool and the right skill. Someone else may just rip the thread of the aluminium crank in the same 30 seconds because they don't know how to use the crank puller and over tighten or crossthread.
It's also an easy peasy job for those two to configure a KT controller to work with whichever motor in their hand. Someone else may ride their bike for months on the wrong settings. Also, they are good with the soldering iron. Just look around on the forum for examples of buying abroad. What happens if the supplier sends you the motor with the wrong winding code?

omarshaffi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 16, 2020
of course he did.
I thought I gave you constructive criticism but I accept you did not see it that way.
Let me clarify.
It's a 30 second job for NealH and vfr400 to whip out a crank because they have the right tool and the right skill. Someone else may just rip the thread of the aluminium crank in the same 30 seconds because they don't know how to use the crank puller and over tighten or crossthread.
It's also an easy peasy job for those two to configure a KT controller to work with whichever motor in their hand. Someone else may ride their bike for months on the wrong settings. Also, they are good with the soldering iron. Just look around on the forum for examples of buying abroad. What happens if the supplier sends you the motor with the wrong winding code?
Let’s agree to disagree and move on as conversation is going off tangent. Do appreciate your advice nonetheless.