Cycle Insurance from Bikesure

Bikesure

Official Trade Member
Feb 18, 2015
Hi guys,

So I thought I would pop a quick post up as I am sure you are all well aware that the Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycles (Amendment) Regulations 2015 states that electric bikes that have powered assistance to a maximum of 25 km/h (15.5 mph) using a motor of no more than 250 Watts rated output are considered bicycles.

Therefore type approval is not required. Pedelecs can be used legally without registration, road tax, a driving licence, insurance or the use of a crash helmet. They can be cycled on a cycle path and the rider must obey the laws appertaining to a standard pedal driven bicycle.

So if anybody would like to look at insuring their Pedelec, by all means get in touch!

Kind regards
Jordan

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi guys,

So I thought I would pop a quick post up as I am sure you are all well aware that the Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycles (Amendment) Regulations 2015 states that electric bikes that have powered assistance to a maximum of 25 km/h (15.5 mph) using a motor of no more than 250 Watts rated output are considered bicycles.

Therefore type approval is not required. Pedelecs can be used legally without registration, road tax, a driving licence, insurance or the use of a crash helmet. They can be cycled on a cycle path and the rider must obey the laws appertaining to a standard pedal driven bicycle.

So if anybody would like to look at insuring their Pedelec, by all means get in touch!

Kind regards
Jordan
Hi Jordan,
Do you still have my details?
Thanks,
Phill

Bikesure

Official Trade Member
Feb 18, 2015
Hi Jordan,
Do you still have my details?
Thanks,
Phill
Hi Phil,

I have just found your contact details in my diary from when we spoke in February. Would you like me to arrange for our quotes team to get in touch today?

Kind regards
Jordan