Cycle Storage

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
I'm seriously considering investing in a cycle storage unit like the one produced by trimetals as illustrated here http://www.trimetals.co.uk/bicycle.php?m=4. I need storage for 4 cycles really, though at a pinch I could use something designed for three. As I don't have a garage or a secure shed I am storing everything indoors. Any experiences or ideas would be gratefully received.
TIA

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
I have a 6' x 8' metal shed with double opening padlocked front doors and no windows.

That cost me @£350.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Are the bikes valuable? (obv. the electric bike is!) It might be worth talking to your insurer to find out what kind of storage they would insure.

When I enquired with CycleGuard they told me unless the bike was fixed to an immovable object they would add on a rather large excess.

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
Insurance! Hadn't really thought of that! I took out insurance with ETA after reading something in one of the other threads. The bikes are worth lots to me and cost over £4000 in total. I have considered a metal bunker which bolts to the concrete and a ground anchor within that (if that makes sense?), and as suggested by JohninStockie a metal shed (also with ground anchor). The major problem is space. I already have a large wood shed outside but wouldn't like to gamble on its security. I've even looked at contraptions to hang from the ceiling inside but might well have to reinforce the ceiling, rafters and roof to make that work!:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I know with motor cycles that insurers usually insist on locking to ground anchors, U bolts in the concrete floor, as the only adequate security.

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
I saw an advert in a cycling magainze recently. It was for some kind of rack that bolts to the shed in a way that a theif would have to cut half the shed away to get the bike off. I think there was also some form of insurance with it too by the manufacturer. I'll try and find it.

thanks
Jed

metalman

Just Joined
Jul 7, 2010
metal sheds

If you want the best protection for your valuable road and mountain bikes, then you need bike storage that is stronger, heavier and more secure than comparable products on the market.
I ave found the one site( Metal Sheds, Metal Bike Sheds, School Storage ) with £50% OFF this week
Bike Storage Store Up To 3 Bikes and price Now:£449.00 please have a look:)

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
If you want the best protection for your valuable road and mountain bikes, then you need bike storage that is stronger, heavier and more secure than comparable products on the market.
I ave found the one site( Metal Sheds, Metal Bike Sheds, School Storage ) with £50% OFF this week
Bike Storage Store Up To 3 Bikes and price Now:£449.00 please have a look:)
Judging by your username and that being the first post it looks like spam rather than a genuine recommendation.
Many ebikes are longer than a normal bike so that kind of bike store is probably not big enough. I can't find any dimesions on the website to check, seems bizzare.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Many ebikes are longer than a normal bike so that kind of bike store is probably not big enough. I can't find any dimesions on the website to check, seems bizzare.
The dimensions can be found in the "Product Brochure" pdf, or click on the link "metal shed brochure here"
Not quite so bizarre, but certainly not readily obvious.

Colin