May 10, 2020
After installing this kit my speed went up without codes
After putting in code there is no difference in speed
Even checked speed with sat nav and it says 19mph
Using throttle ??

Frankenbike

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Hi, I'm having the same problem...which is why I just joined the forum. I got the kit a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with it but the de-restricted mode doesn't give me the speed or 'umph' I expected. Not much difference. :) I'll contect them tomorrow and repoet my findings back here.

dessoman

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2020
Hi, I'm having the same problem...which is why I just joined the forum. I got the kit a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with it but the de-restricted mode doesn't give me the speed or 'umph' I expected. Not much difference. :) I'll contect them tomorrow and repoet my findings back here.

dessoman

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2020
Mine wont go into restricted mode.Im staying same speed wether in restricted mode or derestricted mode 20mph+
Cyclotricity emailed me and said 35km/h would be normal for 1000w kit.So why do they say about 50km/h. Should not get away with that claim
False advertising.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Probably a typical 'up to' figure; for an almost weightless and very thin rider on a very fast bike with narrow road tyres at high altitude (and maybe with the wind behind them). No less false then typical advertisements on range of legal bikes, or advertisements for Brexit.