CycloTricity 1000w rear hub kit

stedand

Just Joined
Jan 29, 2021
Hi I recently purchased a cyclotricity 1000w rear hub kit. I have hydraulic disc brakes which ebrake sensors are compatible with the cyclotricity controller

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It depends what you mean by compatible. All sensors will work if you wire them up correctly. If you mean plug and play, you need to indicate what connectors you have and where they are.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us pics of what you have in the way of connectors.

stedand

Just Joined
Jan 29, 2021
I will do I'm waiting on delivery only just found out that the ebrakes included won't work with hydraulic brakes. I'm a newbie

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I will do I'm waiting on delivery only just found out that the ebrakes included won't work with hydraulic brakes. I'm a newbie
If you are feeling clever you can possibly remove the 'active' parts from the ebrake levers (magnet and sensor) and attach them to your hydraulic brake levers. Magnet on the moving part of the hydraulic lever, sensor on the main lever body.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wired lever brakes can be used to work with HDB, just needs a bit of thinking about and removal of the sensor unit from said levers. Most use a plunger to activate the brake so needs a stop end to abut to, a little bit of two part epoxy usually does the job.

stedand

Just Joined
Jan 29, 2021
OK so the connections are a julet 2 pin red conectors does anybody know somewhere online in uk that sells them I can only find them on ebay with a 8 week delivery time

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
OK so the connections are a julet 2 pin red conectors does anybody know somewhere online in uk that sells them I can only find them on ebay with a 8 week delivery time
I don't know of a UK seller for these. In my experience small packet budget postage from China arrives in around 2 weeks. Don't bother with expensive EMS/DHL, it won't be any quicker and you will most likely get hit with additional charges.