Dalston fatal e-bike crash rider 'going too fast' - Court Case

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
He didn't need to chuck any dongle away as it was a D/D hub, dongles are for mid drive over riding. More likely he dragged the bike away to set the speed legal if it had an lcd fitted, then he could claim any speed was down to his peddling,.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25121

Why within reason? as long as it is only an opinion it should be anything.
There are some outrageous opinions (not mine I hasten to add) that really shouldn't be aired, for example extremist views calling for violence against all sorts of minorities.

Reactions: LeighPing

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I accept the verdict, as I think everybody who's posted on here does.

I disagree with the verdict, as some do on here, that's our right.

That doesn't mean I'm arguing about 'everything', please can somebody point me to a post where you think I'm arguing.

Just because I disagree with somebody doesn't mean I'm arguing against them, I've every right to express an opinion. This isn't a police state despite what some on here might wish for.
You come across as very argumentative but I agree that the written word being difficult to interpret sometimes.
You can be aggressive again it might be the written word but certain comments you make seem like attacks rather than discussions.

D

Deleted member 25121

You come across as very argumentative but I agree that the written word being difficult to interpret sometimes.
You can be aggressive again it might be the written word but certain comments you make seem like attacks rather than discussions.
And I could have written exactly the same things of you and Lee Ping but I was too polite.

• Informative

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not arguing about anything, why on Earth (capitol "E" by the way) are you trying to create an argument?
If you want to understand the context of my statement then it's simples, read the thread....
I wrote
What on earth are you arguing about?
I also 'Don't get it'
and what has being an ex-copper got to do with it.
Perhaps you had better run it all past me again!

Because I am genuinely bewildered.
Why did you accuse me of trying to start an argument?
I read your threads before and after my comment, despite your assertion that it is simples (your spelling) I still do not understand what it has to do with the ex-Police.

• Agree

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
And I could have written exactly the same things of you and Lee Ping but I was too polite.
It's 'Leigh'. My mother wanted a girl and don't bother saying that she wasn't disappointed then. I've heard it. :D

I do realise that what you may have liked to have happen, with tweaked bike riders, as a result of this case won't come to fruition. Don't get upset. Just let it go. There's always a next time.

Reactions: Artstu and Bobajob

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I thought Leigh was a place name up north pronounced Lee/Lea or the nobs down this way pronounce it as Lye.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I doubt that very much as I’m always polite even to you. My fault was trying to get you to see reason in your views but as you have written previous you have your own views and you’re entitled to them even though I disagree.
I will not be replying further as I feel you have taken offence even though I did say it was not personal etc.

Reactions: mike killay

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Time to start a new 'Invective' thread in the general chat forum?

Reactions: flecc

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Time to start a new 'Invective' thread in the general chat forum?
If this (back end) of the thread was being carried out in a pub, by now most of us would be rolling about on the floor laughing as the handbags were being slung round ;-)

Never mind, it will be sunny in a few days.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I thought Leigh was a place name up north pronounced Lee/Lea or the nobs down this way pronounce it as Lye.
I was also completely wrong, as I thought that he was saying "Leaping", in his own inscrutable way!
Sorry for misunderstanding him!
Andy

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Amoto65

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I was also completely wrong, as I thought that you were saying "Leaping", in your own inscrutable way!
Sorry for misunderstanding you!
Andy
No apologies necessary. :) It's a persec (personal security) issue. Since the net began I've always used that nickname, another date of birth, and an address that is not my real one. I've seen many of my uniformed ex colleagues fall foul of crime, and worse still, breaching I.T policy via FB posts for using their real names on their accounts. Even disciplined for simply pasting up a news link. So much for free speech. :oops:

Here it's just a bit of blarney and banter, which is fine. Improved vehicle speed and performance has never been more contentiously debated than on a 15.5 mph bike forum. :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

@8 mins that is why i have a dongle you can not jump those gaps going 15mph, never going to happen and i doubt like me he would even buy one with no dongle option.

thing is they make there videos like you can do all this stuff on a 15mph ebike when you cant they do not condone dongles yet shoot there videos with bikes using them to rake in the views for profit and sponsorship revenue.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
What seems to be implied in this case is he was going at over10mph above the legal ebike assisted speed limit of 15.5 mph but not on his own power. He may well have been below the road speed limit if it was a 30mph zone.
Kingsland High Road is a 20mph zone now, so he may well have been over the legal road limit too.

• Informative