Dhgate

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
My experience was 18 months ago took 3 months to arrive and sent to wrong address when i finally tracked it down myself no help from dhgate help desk
To add insult to injury the 21700 cell pack died in 9 months needed a new bms , had to diy fix as unable to return it [as was post back to china ] once repaired lasted another 4 moths then in the bin poor welds
Suggest buy in the uk
Ps did not take paypal wanted debit credit card so hard to get refund

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
My experience was 18 months ago took 3 months to arrive and sent to wrong address when i finally tracked it down myself no help from dhgate help desk
To add insult to injury the 21700 cell pack died in 9 months needed a new bms , had to diy fix as unable to return it [as was post back to china ] once repaired lasted another 4 moths then in the bin poor welds
Suggest buy in the uk
Thanks for warning us all, as such posts are very helpful for us all when members cite just how bad some companies are with their products and (lack of) customer service.
Many thanks
Andy

Leedspete

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2021
Thanks for warning us all, as such posts are very helpful for us all when members cite just how bad some companies are with their products and (lack of) customer service.
Many thanks
Andy
I assume Ali express are no better

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Suggest buy in the uk
If the link below is about the same one, I recall you buying that battery - very impressively low priced, and I had wondered how you got on with it.

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Buy cheap buy twice :eek: might have been ok at 15 amps on a tsdz2 but the 25 amps of the bbs02 killed it
once the pack had died i stripped it down poor construction ,but the cells seem to be ok so might be a restoration at a later date
PS Have just killed the bms in a yose power 13 amp £199 pack after 2 years hard use/abuse most of it at 25 amps

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
PS Have just killed the bms in a yose power 13 amp £199 pack after 2 years hard use/abuse most of it at 25 amps
Wow that's really good considering the price, and that you've thrashed it. Are you going to replace the BMS? If so, I'd be interested to know with which.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Wow that's really good considering the price, and that you've thrashed it. Are you going to replace the BMS? If so, I'd be interested to know with which.
I've had 3 Yose power Silverfish packs:

Mid 2019, 15.6 Ah New, eBay £165. I hammered it a lot at high current. BMS is only 20A cont and 30A peak. Pack failed within a year, not due to the BMS, but because of poor soldering. Was pushing up close to 30A continuous regularly, sometimes I'd even blow the main fuse. Eventually something had to give:

The cells in Yose packs seem to be quite good, but the build quality of the pack is often not great. Weak BMS, lots of unnecessarily long and thin cabling inside the pack, not great quality components and sometimes poor soldering. Here is a pic of the main key switch. Can't see how this can be rated even for 20A:

Rebuilt the pack with a new BMS. Got rid of the metal case. Ran a lot better after that, even regularly at >25 Amps. Charging to 41V, still going strong today.

Late 2019, 15 Ah. New, £169 from eBay. On off switch was hit or miss for a long time. Sometimes you had to twist it on/off, on/off several times to get it to start. Also used to hammer this pack on a regular basis at >25 Amps.

BMS started playing up this summer, would not accept charge, when left alone for a few days could be charged again. A couple of months ago, it gave out completely. Also been charging the pack to 41V. Opened up the case and extracted the pack. Cells are still good and banks quite close, all within 0.02 V of each other after hundreds of cycles. Have the replacement single port 45A BMS and will fit it soon and rebuild the pack.

Autumn 2022, 15.6 Ah. New, £186 from eBay. Using this as a replacement for the 2nd pack I bought. Will run it until it dies and then rebuild it like the other two.

So I buy it knowing it's faults, but it is a relatively cheap way of getting some reasonable cells which I can repackage when the warranty expires.

• Informative

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I've been using this supplier in China. They have a good range of different models and use good components as far as I can tell. They are quite quick with postage and everything has worked well. Prices have gone up by sometimes as much as 50% compared to 2019 though, Same model in 2019 was £20.

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've been using this supplier in China. They have a good range of different models and use good components as far as I can tell. They are quite quick with postage and everything has worked well. Prices have gone up by sometimes as much as 50% compared to 2019 though, Same model in 2019 was £20.

View attachment 49590
Those Yose batteries are very impressive for the price. I wish they made larger capacity packs than 15AH in 36V. Thank you, I've bookmarked that too in case my BMS fails, after I've set the BBS01B controller to 19A (leaving 1A for the lights) - my BMS is labelled as 22A rated. I don't mind spending more on BMSs, it's spending crazy on cell packs I object to. My plan in the event of failure is:

1. Fold bike into taxi

2. Replace the BMS

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I can recommend this seller on Aliexpress

Have purchased 2 x Hailong 17.5ah 36v with branded cells (LG/Samsung) 2 years ago and another last year for my brother's build, all batteries working well, no noticeable reduction in range (60-70 miles with a BBS01b) and never had any issue

Managed to use vouchers, cashback etc so each battery cost me about £220 at the time which is good value, obviously prices have risen since then. The key selling point for me apart from price/quality was the ability to specify the original Hailong type 1 mounting plate which my other older 13ah batteries already used. You can specify which type of mount and power cable termination required. Also they bundled a quality aluminium with fan charger with each battery

I believe he can now provide a 21700 Samsung celled Hailong1 (the smallest in size) at 36v up to 20ah

No tax/duty paid and they arrived within 2 weeks

The seller Herbert is knowledgeable and very helpful, and answers queries quickly with great English

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
when you buy anything from china it is a risk as no way to send it back as would cost a fortune esp for a batt or complete bike.

they can custom build you a pack to any size and pick what cells you want but it wont be cheap.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I haven't seen this slide out sideways type before:

The key selling point for me apart from price/quality was the ability to specify the original Hailong type 1 mounting plate
Yes that is a pain, as many sold on ebay, like Yose, use the wrong mounting plate and I've been struggling to find low priced reasonable quality batteries, compatible with the 4 pin mounting plate I presently have.

I believe he can now provide a 21700 Samsung celled Hailong1 (the smallest in size) at 36v up to 20ah
Does he reveal which cells, specific battery packs use?

No tax/duty paid and they arrived within 2 weeks
That's amazing.