Display compatibility

J.Low75

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Nuneaton
Hi all at Pedelecs Forum,

I am a 20 year time served Electronics/Electrical technician, so you can talk technical to me - however I am very new to eBikes & eBike kits!

I recently brought an eBike conversion kit - one of these Chinese 'off the shelf' kits for a unique/novelty bike project I'm currently doing, the kit consisted of a 36V brushless hub motor with Hall Sensors, 36v Black controller, LCD display & other associated parts, pas/brake sensors etc

Basically I didn't like the big bulky LCD display unit that was supplied with the kit so I checked the connection & ordered a smaller 880 display unit to replace it, unfortunately it does not work - it powers up, but thats about it. What I found is the connector, number of wires & wire colours are identical between the two display units, however the pin-outs are different. Basically I'm trying to find out if this 880 display is compatible with my controller? if so is it just a case of swapping wires around in the connector?, or have I brought a display unit which is simply not compatible with my kit?

If anyone needs further information - photos of supplied LCD unit or controller etc I can get this

Thanks in advance

Jamie

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
If you can find a KU63 or KU65 controller that would work on the 880 display.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Or you whip out your multimeter and you rewire the connectors. There are several threads over on Endles Sphere about mix and match LCD/controller woes with schemas of wire color equivalents.

Easy way is find a controller compatible with your LCD.

J.Low75

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Nuneaton
Great thanks, yes I could re-wire the connector no problem & do any voltage or checking with a meter - I just need the right diagrams/information to work to.

I'm taking a guess that the function of a particular wire color is fairly consistent between brands - or maybe not!

both the supplied unit & the 880 unit have identical 5 -pin connectors & wire colors, but like I said they are wired with different pin-outs