Does this look good?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It was nice. It misses full details but the burnout video suggests throttle not torque control. But the Panasonic drive was reliable and good with torque control.
So Chinese innovators worked on similar gear.
The bifang 8fun kit is under £700 from some dealers. Basic control and it's being used my lots of people. Me included and mine cost under £1500!
But that's £700 for bike, £200 for new hub geared wheel £330 for drive and £200 for 36v 22ah of battery and chargers.
I have had over 2000 miles from the bike and 500 miles from the kit sofar.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
It list 3 modes, throttle/ PAS/ throttle overide (presumably blending both together?).

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
There is another two threads about this motor on this forum, one from the pre-announce last year and another from June.

I like it, it isn't made in China but in the EU. The idea is sound the motor well designed. If they can continue selling the whole kit for under 1000€ the price isn't too bad.

One thing I missed on Kickstarter was the Bluetooth module/App for 120 € which can be connected to exiting controllers. Not that I have a spare 120 € right now but the idea of Bluetooth connection is on the front burner.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We are considering Blue Tooth connections on all our bikes, it costs about 15US if we upgrade every bike we produce.

Is it really worth it? Would it make a difference to people buying the bike?

All the best, David

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if it comes with datalogging then yes, it's worth it.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Are you going to get rid of all the wires between the handlebars and the controller? If so, yes, for $15 extra it is worth it. Yes I mean remove brake cut off wire as well it is about time someone provided a hidden wire switch on the back brake as a factory built standard.

You could go the whole hog and add the battery to the mix (speedict style) having an eye on the battery pack as well as the controller would be great.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Trex, I've steered away until recently, maybe I should reconsider. We would still incorporate the LCD, the Blue Tooth worked well but we weren't so sure many people would actually use it.

All the best, David

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
We are considering Blue Tooth connections on all our bikes, it costs about 15US if we upgrade every bike we produce.

Is it really worth it? Would it make a difference to people buying the bike?

All the best, David
It would give you a brand advantage. Look we have this first etc.
Always good for the sales team to have a plus point over the competition.

Domm

Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2016
Sussex
There is another two threads about this motor on this forum, one from the pre-announce last year and another from June.
I searched the forum before posting (for "bikee best") but got no hits. Please could you direct me to these other threads? Tbh I think I'm going to get a bafang bbs02 or bbshd as this motor isn't available until nov. Just want to do some test rides first...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I searched the forum before posting (for "bikee best") but got no hits. Please could you direct me to these other threads? Tbh I think I'm going to get a bafang bbs02 or bbshd as this motor isn't available until nov. Just want to do some test rides first...
This forum is not known for the quality of it's search engine :rolleyes: And a lot of us need all the help we can get to remember who posted what and when. Last year it was considered as vapor and there was a post by someone when the kick starter er started. Not important I do remember @trex saying the 7 pack of 250w motors was good value. And me " smokey burnouts we have all been waiting... "

I think it may be a worthy competitor to the Chinese offerings if they can keep the price around 1000€ for the full kit.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: trex