Dreaded crossfire cutout.

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles' started by Michael Love, Oct 10, 2018 at 7:31 PM.

1. Michael Love

Michael Love Just Joined

So my crossfire's cutting out. Press the battery button and then the power button and it works for 10 seconds before cytting out again. This only started last week. New battery didnt make any difference. If this happens when I am pulling out of a junction and I get hit by a car, if I am still alive, suing Halfords will be my very next thing to do.

2. Nealh

Nealh Pedelecer

Get rid, take it back for a refund. They know they are not fit for purpose but still continue to flog a dead horse. Get a better quality bike like a Wisper torque.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. LeighPing

LeighPing Pedelecer

There is that risk. Why must you continue to take it? :confused:

4. Michael Love

Michael Love Just Joined

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. LeighPing

LeighPing Pedelecer

You've been a member since August of this year. I assume then that you've not had your bike long? So, why not just take it back and buy, or swap it, for another?

6. Michael Love

Michael Love Just Joined

Bought in a scheme, already changed it to this one from the mountain bike. Its yhe suntours setup, has to be. In my experience and my opinion, anything technology related made in China has a real issue of not being fully tested. Not saying all things, but caveat emptor for reselling companies as well as individuals.
    Can anyone point me to issues with the crossfuse which has bosch drivetrain, i would say not, probably because bosch themselves would test it thoroughly even if it was made in China.
    The ebike I bought from shopping channel has had no issues since I bought it, except for being rattly when under load cos it is front drive and has steel mudguard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Benjahmin

Benjahmin Pedelecer

My experience of Chinese stuff is OK. My conversion is with an Ezee kit and, so far , has around 7000 bullet proof miles on it. My wife has the Woosh Big Bear, less mileage but also faultless. All parts available for self servicing.

There have been bearing problems reported with thw Bosch drive, though there is someone called Bearingman who seems to have had a load made.
    Be aware that with the Bosch system you are tied into their service and parts. If the battery goes, it has to be a Bosch replacement, £600+ I believe. If the motor goes out of warranty you have to have yours removed by a Bosch agent and sent back to Germany BEFORE they will supply another.
    It's the Apple thing all over again. So, as you say, caveat emptor!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Michael Love

Michael Love Just Joined

If anyone else has this bike, please try this to see what happens.

Put the bike on full power at standstill, with a pedal ready to push down on. Get on the bike pushing down on the pedal as you mount it, and a split second later pull the front brake. See if the abrupt stop of the motor screws the logic of the BMS. Ie: it cuts out couple seconds later.

Thanks.

9. anon4

anon4 Finding my (electric) wheels

Since I ripped the controller out of my Vulcan and derestricted it with a new one I have had only 1 cutout, had loads before. So the issue is the BMS tripping but the suntour controller seems worse for it

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. kingsknight

kingsknight Finding my (electric) wheels

Hey man,

I had this exact issue with my crossfire and it was a massive headache for me! Staff at my Halfords ended admitting to me that they shouldn't sell the bike due to the high amount they get back.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/crossfire-e-dumped-for-crossfuse.32602/

I made a post about it! I believe that it is the BMS tripping as my whole system was replaced and it was still doing it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice