E-Bike Of The Year 2010?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
But can you pedal it tilson? I maybe confused but it looks like petrol bike.
I doubt if you can pedal it. It's a 250cc petrol engined moto bike.

I find these high powered ebikes with styling and performance similar to motorbikes pointless. If the idea is to emulate a motor bike in this way, why not do the job properly and buy a motorbike? They do the, "motorbike stuff" so much better.

CheKmx

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2008
Zurich
Fair enough but it looks like fun and well designed to me and it's an ebike so it gets my vote this year.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
I'm voting for the Proconnect S again.

The bike has not been fault free but neither has the competitors bikes I have read about.:( My Proconnect S has not had a fault which prevented me from cycling and 50 Cycles has supplied new part under warranty so I don't have too much to complain about.:)

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
I'm voting for my Smarta LX8. It's not going to get prizes for speed, looks or coolness, but since I bought it in April it has given me a tremendous amount of pleasure. I hadn't ridden a bike for 30 years. I now make most journeys by bike. It regularly does Gloucester to Tewkesbury and back. The Smarta has done over 1400 miles without major problems, service from the Electric Transport Shop had been good.

Yes, I could buy a better bike. I have tried and enjoyed Wispers and Emotions, and i have an Urban Mover (thanks to UM Cheltenham for their good service too) folder as a `car bike', but for an everyday transport the Smarta takes some beating.

Happy New Year to all

Bill

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Best bike 2010

We're voting for our Juicy bikes - we have two of them so is that two votes?
Elegant, attention attracting, reliable and wonderful after-sales service.
Couldn't ask for more even at twice the price! Go, Bob, go!:)

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
New Bike of the Year 2010 - Ezee Sprint GTS XR

Predictably I`m voting for the bike I bought in February 2010 and have since ridden around 2800 miles on.

Ezee Sprint GTS XR

Very Powerful Hub Motor
Dual Batteries in parralel giving 22Ah and high peak performance
Excellent acceleration and hill climbing
Range over 80 miles, 100 may be possible, never actually tried.
Nexus 7 hub gears give plenty of options from 5 mph to 30 mph
Happy to pedal the first 8 - 10 miles without any assist - no noticeable drag from motor.
Front disc stops on a button
Very good wired in lighting
Marathon Plus tyres fitted as standard
Large screen cycle computer with speed, distance, battery load and capacity

Its even good looking - has been described as a "Germanic Beast" by work colleagues seeing it in the cycle shed!

Mods:
Dial assist replaced throttle for ease of use over long distances
Ergon grips with large grip ends added for further hand options
Additional lights (Exposure Maxx D and Blackspear Mars 4)
Handlebar switch for Maxx D to enable light to be dipped
Rear view mirror below handlebars
Peli box fitted to rear carrier with repair kit & first aid
Discrete switch enables higher speeds if required (assist to 20 / 22mph)

It does everything I wanted
The guys at OnBike were extremely helpful while I agonised over my choices and have been supportive on the rare occasions I have contacted them since.

So far 2 punctures, original chain, brake pads, tyres - quick & simple regular servicing.

Quite Simply - Bike of the year!!!!

Bob_about

Pic Here

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
My bike - great value

I'm voting for my bike - I love it! At £800 for the ex-demo model it has to be the bargain of the year. I commute 10 miles daily and wouldn't change iot for anything. I suppose it is an Agattu in disguise, so add my vote to the Kalkhoff Aggatu alias raliegh Dover alias technium privilige

And a happy and healthy New Year to you all:)

C

Cyclezee

I'm voting for my bike - I love it! At £800 for the ex-demo model it has to be the bargain of the year. I commute 10 miles daily and wouldn't change iot for anything. I suppose it is an Agattu in disguise, so add my vote to the Kalkhoff Aggatu alias raliegh Dover alias technium privilige

And a happy and healthy New Year to you all:)
You are right Thunderblue, I also belive it was the bargain of the 2010. I also bought a new Technium from Wiggle. The battery alone would have cost £400 and the almost identical Agattu would have cost nearly double:cool:

J:) hn

GeoffM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 18, 2009
Juicy wins it for me!

We're voting for our Juicy bikes - we have two of them so is that two votes?
Elegant, attention attracting, reliable and wonderful after-sales service.
Couldn't ask for more even at twice the price! Go, Bob, go!:)
I definately agree Tom. Im just short of 2 yrs now with my Sport and no problems of any note. Reliable bike and excellent service. Wish Juicy Bikes and everyone on Pedelecs a brilliant 2011!!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Come on Cyclamatic Plus lovers, i know yer out there... don't be shy :rolleyes:

Let's make this the bike of the year :D

C

Cyclezee

E-bike Of The Year Results 2010

• 1st place in the new bike category is the Kalkhoff Pro Connect S with 4 votes.
  • 2nd place Cyclamatic Power Plus with 3 votes.· 3rd place is shared by the Kalkhoff Pro Disc, BH Emotion Max Sport + and Juicy Bike with 2 votes each.
1st place in the kit bike category goes to an eZee powered TW Bents Recumbent Trike with 2 votes:eek:

There was a very low turn out this year with a total of only 25 votes in the new bike category, top brand again was Kalkhoff but with a total of 6 votes
There were 2,979 views of the thread and 54 replies from a total of 4,287 members.

E-Bike Full Results

Kalkhoff Pro Connect S 4
Kalkhoff Sahel Pro Disc 2
Bike Tec Flyer X 1
Wisper 905 SE 1
Cyclamatic Power Plus 3
BH Emotion Sport Max+ 2
Pro Commuter Plus 1
Tonaro Compy 1
Alien Aurora 1
Oxygen E-mate City 1
Ezee Forza 1
Raleigh Dover Deluxe 1
Stealth Bomber 1
Smarta LX8 1
Juicy Bike 2
Ezee Sprint GTS 1
Technium Privilige 1

Kit Bike Full Results
Daniel Weck's E Brompton 1
Jerry Simon's E-Brompton1
eZee Powered TW Bents Recumbent Trike 2
NRG's Peugeot DIY Touring Special 1

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cyclezee

Congratulations Scott, the brass plaque is in the post;)

Best wishes for 2011,

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Television Adverts indicate that the Nissan Leaf is the car of the year for 2011.:rolleyes: How do they know? Why don't we know what the e-bike of the year is before it is too late:confused:

2011 should be interesting with Electric Cars being marketed in a big way. I wonder if the general public will take more notice of E-bikes ?:)