eBike stopped working - help!

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Just make sure they don't touch each other but still plugged and try running your motor.
I've removed the burnt plastic cover...and connected all wires....is it ok to connect the phase wires now and switch battery and throttle on?

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Just tried it, battery light and power indicators on but nothing happens...thoughts please? Lost now - could it be a controller issue?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
They look clean enough where they make contact. Yellow one has obviously got pretty hot. They need to be a good tight fit. I would still want to cut them back to clean wire and solder just to be sure.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Is there still drag when running backward? Try with the wire connected and disconnected

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
They look clean enough where they make contact. Yellow one has obviously got pretty hot. They need to be a good tight fit. I would still want to cut them back to clean wire and solder just to be sure.
Ok, thanks for your help, and everyone else on the thread. I was going to send the controller off to be checked, but may ring a local bike shop in the morning and see if they can have a look at the soldering first. Thanks again.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Is there still drag when running backward? Try with the wire connected and disconnected
Yes, there was a drag initially going backwards (very noticeable juddering preventing the bike being able to move) but after I disconnected there wasn't a drag.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Yes, there was a drag initially going backwards (very noticeable juddering preventing the bike being able to move) but after I disconnected there wasn't a drag.
So no more drag now even with all wires connected?

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
So no more drag now even with all wires connected?
I've packaged the controller now, but when I reconnected everything there was only a very very slight resistance and the wheel did go backwards - it was stuck before (couldn't move the bike). Now everything is off the bike too it moves back and forth freely.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I've packaged the controller now, but when I reconnected everything there was only a very very slight resistance and the wheel did go backwards - it was stuck before (couldn't move the bike). Now everything is off the bike too it moves back and forth freely.
Hmm check if all connectors are well connected and that there are no fuse?

If not, the short may have fried the controller?

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Hmm check if all connectors are well connected and that there are no fuse?

If not, the short may have fried the controller?
I was able to push all connectors together and it was tight - picture is above, but don't know where to find a fuse. I can't believe the bike just died like that :-/

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I was able to push all connectors together and it was tight - picture is above, but don't know where to find a fuse. I can't believe the bike just died like that :-/
Maybe it's time to get a better controller. I m planning to always have 2 identical so if I have issue like this, I can just swape the controller and know if the fault is due to this or not!

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Maybe it's time to get a better controller. I m planning to always have 2 identical so if I have issue like this, I can just swape the controller and know if the fault is due to this or not!
Yes, I think you're right. I'm going to send it to the dealer, they said they'd sort it or send me a new one. Thanks for your help cwah.

Last edited: