eBikes with Integral Battery

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
Hi Folks

It looks as though ProC2W* might be looked upon favourably at work so buying a decent (expensive) ebike is looking more attractive. I am trying to discover all of the (road legal) ebikes with integral batteries and wheels 26"+, and have come up with the following manufacturers/models: -

Stromer ST1/ST2
Smart eBike
Kalkhoff Integrale (various versions)
Grace Easy

Have I missed anything else? I much prefer hub gears. Deraileurs being the work of the devil.

The Stromers are beyond the budget.
I am not sure if you can actually buy a Smart. They are certainly well hidden from my normal circles of activity!
The Kalkhoff looks nice, except for the 28" wheels, but still no response from a sales enquiry when mentioning ProC2W.
I am not sure if there is a Grace Easy reseller in the UK.

Thanks a lot folks. I am sure that I will make a decision eventually - someone just needs to make the right bike AND be responsive to potential sales enquiries!

Thanks

Andy

*ProC2W allows cycle to work customers to escape the £1,000 ceiling of C2W.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Just a word of warning against integral batteries.

General rule- tend to be on small side ie low range

Forced into buying replacement battery from that supplier at , usually, vastly inflated prices
I agree th BH brand has lovely looking built in batteries at a price

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
Just a word of warning against integral batteries. General rule- tend to be on small side ie low range. Forced into buying replacement battery from that supplier at , usually, vastly inflated prices
I must admit that I didn't realise that there was any interchangeability across different brands of external batteries. I probably need to get back to the mainland more often.

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Smart has been discontinued. There might still be the odd ones left in Mercedes/Smart car dealerships, but best avoided since spares will not remain available, judging by Mercedes last venture into a similar e-bike.

And I agree with the above posters, don't tie yourself into the one battery supplier at the risk of high price or even discontinuation. One well known maker's integrated battery model had the battery supply discontinued after just one year.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I must admit that I didn't realise that there was any interchangeability across different brands of external batteries. I probably need to get back to the mainland more often.
There isn't a lot of interchangability, but the freedom of mounting of non-integrated models gives other options and keeps prices down.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Bulls, Giant and Rodwild offer intergrated hub driven bikes as do BH Revo

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Emu cycles have integrated batteries and hub gears.

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
Thanks a lot folks. There's certainly a lot that I had not heard of previously.

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
Our new Kudos Stealth,Alamo and Sprint all have semi concealed 11Ah batteries,replacement cost about £250.00
KudosDave
Are there any images of these available?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The pictures on this link are stock pictures.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/some-advance-info-on-the-latest-2016-kudos-models.24151/#post-305486

for example, the Alamo's picture shows Magura HS11 brakes while the specs say Tektro V-brakes. The picture of the Sprint shows TX CD motor, the specs say rear hub motor. The Milano's picture shows front hub, the specs say rear hub.
Correct,that's why it says 'draft info', when the actual bikes arrive UK,we will take studio shots and refine the specs for the brochure. Some Pedelec members are interested in these bikes so I am giving as much detail as I can. The specs are more accurate than the photos.
I have a personal dislike for front hub motors,they often produce oversteer problems especially with a powerful motor in the wet.
We deleted the Magura brakes because of availability problems. The Sprint we moved the motor to the rear,similarly the Milano and Verona moved the motor to the rear,for foregoing reasons.
KudosDave

Last edited: