Electric bike to electric trike conversion?

Ian Donoghue

Just Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Hi, We have an old DASH Batribike that has a 20" rear wheel with hub drive motor. We are wondering if there is a kit that would allow us to convert this to a trike. My wife can no longer manage the bike because of her mobility and balance problems - a trike would make it possible us to continue enjoying bike rides out together. I'm guessing that I would need to move the drive wheel to the front and then fit a conversion kit on the back???

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi, We have an old DASH Batribike that has a 20" rear wheel with hub drive motor. We are wondering if there is a kit that would allow us to convert this to a trike. My wife can no longer manage the bike because of her mobility and balance problems - a trike would make it possible us to continue enjoying bike rides out together. I'm guessing that I would need to move the drive wheel to the front and then fit a conversion kit on the back???
Yes, there are a few to choose from, but you have a rear motor, so it's not going to work.. You'd be better off buying an electric trike:

Last edited: