Eleglide experiences

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Unless they are direct drive ones, right? I don't know much about them but I've seen people say they're rubbish if you don't constantly ride at insane speeds.

Have you ever tried one?
something like this you mean?

No markings on the hub i could trace so im guessing its 1000w Very thin.. (that was a temp battery mount trial..)

Its not practice, literally too much zip/acceleration without restricting its 28a controller, Clobber up and take it to some soft ground and let rip and im sure its gonna be fun falling off with the back wheel skidding out from you if you try the slightest acceleration on a turn, And 30 years ago i would have lurved doing a bit of that, today however.. ( no undue risk of the back skidding out on a good clean rd, but slippy grass man hole covers..)

it had been ridden without brake cut off sensors and gotten into some accident where the motor had ripped half the spokes from the wheel, then it was just left out in the rain for months, arriving with me in boxes, i re-spoked a replacement rim and salvaged the controller but not the headset which was smashed.

the back wheel is well built and true, but the bike feels shakey even with a better battery position, and axle braces, more of an oo-eer ride than a 'weeee' ride upto 25-26mph its a bloody rocket then acceleration slows down considerably as it increases speed bit by bit, and then you feel the wind resistance.. and its not accelerating much

significantly less fun than expected to ride My plan of offloading it to a neighbor who delivers chinese food of an evening died after ridding the thing, I like my neighbor, he is a good bloke, best he keep warm and alive in his car imho.

• Informative
Reactions: throwawaychap

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
i .....salvaged the controller but not the headset which was smashed.
I've got to mention it. It's like when somebody has a bogie hanging out their nose and nobody wants to tell them.

"Headset" has a special meaning on a bike. It's the two sets of bearings in the "steering head" between the "head-tube" and the "steerer tube" that allow the steering.

• :D
Reactions: thelarkbox

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The ananda motor is very popular amongst OEMs. Logical choice.
There's no knocking noise from the BBS01B going over bumps, no need for an online account to change firmware either, it's also easier and cheaper to derestrict, and can be comprehensively customised - that Eleglide mid-driven bike will sell well if it's cheap, punters will be getting a lot of hill climbing and offroad capability for their money. If these motors sell in huge numbers and don't ride well right out of the box, they'll eventually (possibly) get hacked like the BBSXXX series. It'll be interesting to see what spares Eleglide make available for this motor, and at what prices. BBSXXXs have been around so long and there are so many on the roads, spares for everything are easily available - even after Bafang stop making them, it's hard to imagine this large market for spares being ignored by other manufacturers. I'll stick with the BBS01B...

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Who's going to fix it or supply spare parts? Remember, you can't buy their OEM controllers for bikes that use them.
I am pretty sure that OEMs like myself will deal with repairs.
Anything we can't fix outside the warranty, we can offer a new motor for about £380-£400.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I am pretty sure that OEMs like myself will deal with repairs.
Anything we can't fix outside the warranty, we can offer a new motor for about £380-£400.
With postage and labour costs, you're up in the price range, where the repair is going to be more than what the bike is worth. Bear in mind that you can buy a complete new Eleglide T1 for £729, which would be much more suitable for your average ebike rider than that monstrosity.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
With postage and labour costs, you're up in the price range, where the repair is going to be more than what the bike is worth. Bear in mind that you can buy a complete new Eleglide T1 for £729, which would be much more suitable for your average ebike rider than that monstrosity.
That bike is ugly because of the battery they chose. You can fit the ananda motor in about a dozen off the shell frames much better looking and finished.
The motor is supplied with a shoe that you can weld to a frame if you can weld aluminium.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That bike is ugly because of the battery they chose.
The T1 is the hub motor version of the C1 shown in the video above.
You can fit the ananda motor in about a dozen off the shell frames much better looking and finished.
The motor is supplied with a shoe that you can weld to a frame if you can weld aluminium.
Yes, but why would anybody want to, when it makes a worse bike?

Paul1962

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2024
35745 Herborn
That bike is ugly
That is an argument I heard quite often on motorcycles I bought as a bargain with "ugly" colours like purple.

My reply was then always: "Might be, but I don't care. I don't see it as long as I sit on it. It is a motorcycle whichs purpose is to ride, not to be sent onto catwalks!" :)

562101706872668221.png

Reactions: thelarkbox

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I've got to mention it. It's like when somebody has a bogie hanging out their nose and nobody wants to tell them.

"Headset" has a special meaning on a bike. It's the two sets of bearings in the "steering head" between the "head-tube" and the "steerer tube" that allow the steering.
Consider me told.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That is an argument I heard quite often on motorcycles I bought as a bargain with "ugly" colours like purple.

My reply was then always: "Might be, but I don't care. I don't see it as long as I sit on it. It is a motorcycle whichs purpose is to ride, not to be sent onto catwalks!" :)

View attachment 56210View attachment 56210
I had one of those in 1990. I hated it. Every time I started it up, the neighbourhood disappeared under a cloud of white smoke, and the wind noise from the screen was unbearable, so I sold it after a short time. I think that was the shortest In have ever owned a motorbike. The ride and power were similar to my old GS1000, which I owned between 1981 to 1985. Did yours smoke at start-up?

Reactions: Woosh

Paul1962

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2024
35745 Herborn
I had one of those in 1990. I hated it. Every time I started it up, the neighbourhood disappeared under a cloud of white smoke, and the wind noise from the screen was unbearable, so I sold it after a short time. I think that was the shortest In have ever owned a motorbike. The ride and power were similar to my old GS1000, which I owned between 1981 to 1985. Did yours smoke at start-up?
View attachment 56214
No, mine wasn’t smoking. Only downside of it was that due to the engines position on a hot summer day my arse was getting f….ng hot .
Other than this I really enjoyed it. Built in 1983 I bought it 2014 for 1160€ and sold it 2022 for 1000€. Only spares besides consumables was a used oil/water pump.
So indestructable and a loss of 20€ per year was 1st class. The only reason I sold it was that I got an 1150 GS offered for a good price so I said: You are now that old. If you don’t buy a REAL BMWW (real = boxer engine) now, you will never ever get one

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
No, mine wasn’t smoking. Only downside of it was that due to the engines position on a hot summer day my arse was getting f….ng hot .
Other than this I really enjoyed it. Built in 1983 I bought it 2014 for 1160€ and sold it 2022 for 1000€. Only spares besides consumables was a used oil/water pump.
So indestructable and a loss of 20€ per year was 1st class. The only reason I sold it was that I got an 1150 GS offered for a good price so I said: You are now that old. If you don’t buy a REAL BMWW (real = boxer engine) now, you will never ever get one
I had a RT100RT for a couple of years. I quite liked it, but the oil seal went on the back of the crank, so the clutch was always slipping. Eventually, I traded it for a VFR750, which was a very nice nike compared with all those ones. A few years later, I discovered the NTV650 which is a brilliant bike - light, punchy motor, totally reliable, quite good handling and much more. Eventually, I upgraded to a Deauville, which I still have, but not as reliable as the NTV 650 because everything is electronic, and the Deauville is heavier but faster. I also have a 300 Forza that I like quite a lot because it's so convenient.

Paul1962

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2024
35745 Herborn
I had a RT100RT for a couple of years. I quite liked it, but the oil seal went on the back of the crank, so the clutch was always slipping. Eventually, I traded it for a VFR750, which was a very nice nike compared with all those ones. A few years later, I discovered the NTV650 which is a brilliant bike - light, punchy motor, totally reliable, quite good handling and much more. Eventually, I upgraded to a Deauville, which I still have, but not as reliable as the NTV 650 because everything is electronic, and the Deauville is heavier but faster. I also have a 300 Forza that I like quite a lot because it's so convenient.
I love diversity so my range of motorized two-wheelers as of today is as follows:
ELEGLIDE M1 Plus 29", 250 W (1/3 HP), built 2023
BMW R1150 GS, 85 HP, built 2001
Honda CM 185 Parallel twin, 17 HP, built 1980
MZ ES 250/2 single cylinder 2-stroke 19 HP, built 1972
JAWA 175 cc, 9 HP, built 1960

What would potentially fill the gaps would be a 350CC Royal Enfield and a 650CC English parallel twin, either Triumph or Royal Enfield :cool:

But I'd doubt my wife would fancy this and I miss space.

Last edited:
Reactions: One_Box

Paul1962

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2024
35745 Herborn
It appears Eleglide Ebikes aren't available in the EU any longer.
I was looking on www.geekbuying.com and searching for eleglide brought no result at all.
Searching for Ebikes brought some results, but once I sat the filter to "Only from EU warehouse" this ended up in showing only accessories, no complete bikes. Opening a Service Chat brought the result that they don't sell to Europe any longer as a matter of high taxes.
Following Chat protocol:

[02/07/2024 21:25:37] Service01: hi
[02/07/2024 21:25:47] Reinhard Paul: As I see you aren't offering any Eleglide ebikes any longer.
Besides this you have no ebikes at all from a EU warehouse. Is this just temporary or did you stop
selling Eleglide?

[02/07/2024 21:26:06] Service01: sorry we are unable to ship to europe now
[02/07/2024 21:26:45] Reinhard Paul: Okay, question answered. Would you think that is only
temporary or have you stopped sales to EU on your own?

[02/07/2024 21:28:10] Service01: because high tax
[02/07/2024 21:29:00] Reinhard Paul: Okay. So I can be lucky that I bought my bike already back
in October

[02/07/2024 21:29:47] Service01: sorry about that
[02/07/2024 21:30:35] Reinhard Paul: Thanks for your suport
[02/07/2024 21:30:48] Service01: you're welcome

Looking up the Elglide website I found out that none of their bikes was deliverable to the EU and only 2 Models (m1Plus, 10 left; and T1StepThru , 2 in stock) were still available in the UK.
So whomever is thinking about getting one of their bikes you better do it now.

• Informative
Reactions: throwawaychap

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It appears Eleglide Ebikes aren't available in the EU any longer.
I was looking on www.geekbuying.com and searching for eleglide brought no result at all.
Searching for Ebikes brought some results, but once I sat the filter to "Only from EU warehouse" this ended up in showing only accessories, no complete bikes. Opening a Service Chat brought the result that they don't sell to Europe any longer as a matter of high taxes.
Following Chat protocol:

[02/07/2024 21:25:37] Service01: hi
[02/07/2024 21:25:47] Reinhard Paul: As I see you aren't offering any Eleglide ebikes any longer.
Besides this you have no ebikes at all from a EU warehouse. Is this just temporary or did you stop
selling Eleglide?

[02/07/2024 21:26:06] Service01: sorry we are unable to ship to europe now
[02/07/2024 21:26:45] Reinhard Paul: Okay, question answered. Would you think that is only
temporary or have you stopped sales to EU on your own?

[02/07/2024 21:28:10] Service01: because high tax
[02/07/2024 21:29:00] Reinhard Paul: Okay. So I can be lucky that I bought my bike already back
in October

[02/07/2024 21:29:47] Service01: sorry about that
[02/07/2024 21:30:35] Reinhard Paul: Thanks for your suport
[02/07/2024 21:30:48] Service01: you're welcome

Looking up the Elglide website I found out that none of their bikes was deliverable to the EU and only 2 Models (m1Plus, 10 left; and T1StepThru , 2 in stock) were still available in the UK.
So whomever is thinking about getting one of their bikes you better do it now.
That's a shame. Thanks for that. Maybe someone will import them unofficially or identical bike under another brand name.