eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Apprentice.

For the photos taken in my post #810 above, I used a Sony HX400V which is relatively new to me, and was bought after loosing my old camera (I'll come to that) I don't tend to take it out with me on rides as it is too big, and I also don't want to ruin it. That particular day, I had gone out intentionally to get a few photos for the land owner.

For the photos taken in post #815 I used my old camera that had gone missing, but resurfaced again, and that is an elderly and very abused and knackered Panasonic Lumix FZ18. It has a mind of it's own, and is well past it's sell by date. The zoom operates on it's own, and it is very hit and miss to use. It does operate very well in darkness though, even when compared with the new Sony. The Finepix, is my take to work everyday camera.

I also have a small point and shoot Fujifilm Finepix XP70 waterproof camera. This again is a very good one to take on a ride, as it just slides into a pocket, the image quality in daylight is good, not so at night time, and best of all, it is waterproof.

Apprentice

Pedelecer
Jan 21, 2017
Ireland
Apprentice.

For the photos taken in my post #810 above, I used a Sony HX400V which is relatively new to me, and was bought after loosing my old camera (I'll come to that) I don't tend to take it out with me on rides as it is too big, and I also don't want to ruin it. That particular day, I had gone out intentionally to get a few photos for the land owner.

For the photos taken in post #815 I used my old camera that had gone missing, but resurfaced again, and that is an elderly and very abused and knackered Panasonic Lumix FZ18. It has a mind of it's own, and is well past it's sell by date. The zoom operates on it's own, and it is very hit and miss to use. It does operate very well in darkness though, even when compared with the new Sony. The Finepix, is my take to work everyday camera.

I also have a small point and shoot Fujifilm Finepix XP70 waterproof camera. This again is a very good one to take on a ride, as it just slides into a pocket, the image quality in daylight is good, not so at night time, and best of all, it is waterproof.
You are getting some cracking shots
Worthy of a mtb magazine
You should probably brand them with a little stamp
When my bike comes in and i get out on the hills ill try add to the thread
Until then i look forward to the pics in this thread

• Agree
Reactions: Deere John

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Alright!! Nice weather today so I was on it again! And now it's light when riding home so that's way better, now you actually see the forrest around you :)

Well... hard choice here... single track or multi track!? :)

IMG_5663.jpg
...so, as you already guessed, single track of course!!! It is about the coolest track there is on the way home from work. A little too wet sometimes but this long part is awesome...

IMG_5666.jpg

Lawsinho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2017
Burnley
Hello all! Great to see some of the photos on this thread. I'm a newbie here to eMTB'ing but I thought I'd post my picture from the roof of Lancashire!

IMG_20161022_105825.jpg

This was taken on a jaunt with my Haibike full fatsix at the top of Pendle hill near Clitheroe in Lancashire earlier in January. This was also the final shot of the fatty before the new colour scheme was adopted.
IMG_0005.JPG

I hope to upload some more photos as my adventures continue.

#2Fat2Furious

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Hello all! Great to see some of the photos on this thread. I'm a newbie here to eMTB'ing but I thought I'd post my picture from the roof of Lancashire!
What a killer bike you got!! Even though there is some strange hydraulic looking thing between saddle and motor ;)

Reactions: Lawsinho

Lawsinho

Feb 3, 2017
Burnley
What a killer bike you got!! Even though there is some strange hydraulic looking thing between saddle and motor ;)
Thanks!

Yup, I get the 'strange hydraulic thing' all the time. Not only a full suspension fatty but an electric one too. Always draws some funny looks. Then again, that could be something to do with the 17 stone fella throwing a pink bike down trails... :D

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
No mud round your way today? The bike's way too clean!

Certainly been very wet around my neck of the woods. :)

Sadly localised flooding prevented me from taking some of the route that I wanted to take. I still had a good ride though, and when things are as wet as they were today, the mud just disappears from the bike and cleaning just takes seconds to do. :)

For some reason the battery didn't seem to hold up so well today either. The ride was just 21 miles with a mere 2,197ft of elevation gain, yet used four out five bars of battery level. I used tour mode throughout, but admittedly it was very heavy going in places, and even the DZO tyres were calling it a day and spinning up.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It was really good here. It hasn't stopped raining, and there are several flooded areas, but the rain has thankfully washed the heavy mud away, and the bike, whilst drenched, wasn't overly muddy. More than could be said about me though, as I was covered in mud, and soaking wet through to the pants. Not that it ever bothers me. :)

This was about as muddy as the bike got.

You probably can't see from the photo below, but I did spot what could potentially be an amazing ride section through this woodland. Each time that I venture there, I spot something new, and I shall be off exploring it tomorrow. :)

Reactions: chris130256

Lawsinho

Feb 3, 2017
Burnley
Barely any mud this way, all washed away by the rain. Seemed to be riding over nothing but leaves and nice skippy roots.

Related Articles

Advertisers