eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
DSC_0109.JPG

Adventure race towing. I read up on towing a bike and used the retractable dog lead method. Attached to a loop of bungee . My boy is 9.5 and quite slight. I felt bad that he's struggling off-road in wet grass and mud. To be fair in the 4 weeks I've been using this ebike in parks and woods ( not real mountain biking). I haven't seen anyone else. Maybe a couple of kids using a hard path to get from A to B.
So it worked great. We were out about 3hours and covered nearly 12 miles. All grass and mud. with a,few small inclines . On flat I dropped the PAS level a bit . On incline I shouted keep peddling. After a while he got a feeling for when I was peddling quicker and started to match me. And when the going was flat an firm and I used the throttle he was laughing and cheering. I think he really loved a help with getting going too.

Last edited:
Reactions: IR772

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
These photos are from Dunn Mountain ride, on out skirts of Nelson (NZ). The climb to summit is 14km up old railway line starting in Nelson suburb and ending at 900m in middle of mountains. The railway was built in 1890 to haul copper ore down from mountain top mine, horses towed wagons up and brave brakemen rode full wagons down.

The track goes over a pass and back down a MTB track to town water supply dam.
WARNING. Go well prepared this is a back country ride, not loop around local bike park even though it is on edge of town.

I did climb in eco and only use 30-40% of 500whr battery.

Pass

Summit

Track up, gets rougher than this later.

Nelson in background.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Takaka hill.
When you get to top of Takaka hill (between Nelson and Takaka) there is gravel road turn off heading north. After 10kms gravel road ends in regional park from there it is onto MTB track that takes you to outskirts of Takaka. First half of ride has lots of tree roots and rocks, your shocks will get work out. Last 3rd is though smooth flowing track in pine trees.

Best way to do this ride is get dropped off at start of gravel road and meet your driver in Takaka. First few kms of road climbs followed by great downhill section. Allow 3 hours and go prepared, its long walk down mountain if your bike dies or in my case pump.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
My sister lived in Wellington for 5 years in the eighties. Wish i'd gone out then, never mind one day as looks beautiful.
It does look beautiful. In fact so many photos on this thread look beautiful. My camera phone efforts at local south London parks and woods are the exception. If it ever dries up a bit I may take the camera . Then you will be treated to a nice Bokeh of adidas stripes and Staffordshire bull terriers.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Pics from todays jaunt from Burnley, through Sabden and to Clitheroe.
great photos. I see now u have a dropper post (or "lift pin" as we use to say), must be great. I feel like getting one also, did you consider internal routing?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
No photos, but that was one miserable rainy muddy ride for the group ride out tonight. Bad enough that only two of us turned up!

I was really off form on the downhill sections, making loads of mistakes and just not getting into it. Even on the tight level wooded technical sections, nothing seemed to work in my favour. Thankfully the tyres performed brilliantly through the very rooted sections, but I did loose the back end of the bike on an off camber muddy section. I stayed upright, but the bike didn't.
I also hate following anyone, preferring to lead the way, but tonight it wasn't to be. I'll strike tonight's ride off the one to remember list. :(

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
My sister lived in Wellington for 5 years in the eighties. Wish i'd gone out then, never mind one day as looks beautiful.
You can't beat Wellington on good day, unfortunately they are few and far apart especially this summer. Luckily MTBing is not that weather dependent.

NB photos above are from top south island, not Wellington. .

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Hi Trevor, Thanks, I realised that. In the late 80's had to ensure my fathers old video camera footage taken of the North and South island from Rotorua to Mossburn. He mounted the bloody thing on the dash of my sisters car when they spent a month out there. Felt like I'd been at the time, goldmines, roads under waterfalls and fjords! :)

Lawsinho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2017
Burnley
great photos. I see now u have a dropper post (or "lift pin" as we use to say), must be great. I feel like getting one also, did you consider internal routing?
Mine is a Rockshox reverb which is routed through the top frame only. (I'll attach pictures later). This was just down to cost, in all honesty, as it was much cheaper than the stealth.

• Informative
Reactions: Deere John

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Continuing my exploration off all the footpaths in the area. And trying to cross the borough Bexley off road as much as possible. I ended up having to carry the thing over a few styles again. Went under the A2 along the railway. Only to be stopped by another footpath closed sign stopping me entering Hall place along with the river shuttle. I had to come back up and cycle along the footpath by the A2. Hour and a half and 14 miles nearly all Parkland, woods and forgotten footpaths.

Reactions: chris130256

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Continuing my exploration off all the footpaths in the area. And trying to cross the borough Bexley off road as much as possible. I ended up having to carry the thing over a few styles again. Went under the A2 along the railway. Only to be stopped by another footpath closed sign stopping me entering Hall place along with the river shuttle. I had to come back up and cycle along the footpath by the A2. Hour and a half and 14 miles nearly all Parkland, woods and forgotten footpaths.
DSC_0116.JPG

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Another mudfest today at the Black Mountain Cycle Centre! It's a different matter having slippery mud on downhill tracks. The first run we were very cautious but by the end of the day both of us were getting used to sliding the front wheel in the corners. We had the place to ourselves, so enjoyed doing some uphill on the downhill sections. Couldn't do that at the weekends. A few pics of the wife and me today....
16684864_1846546502268994_1224405003_n.jpg
bm2.PNG
16521595_1846541428936168_858204250_n.jpg 16651932_1846541418936169_589481588_n.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I could never face using the off road tyres on the road, and tend to use the pedal mtb for any road work. :)

While things are this wet, I'll probably now just stay in the private woodland that I have rights over. With no one else having permitted use, things are pretty good in there. :)

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Eddie. I'm a complete cycling novice. My tires look like yours and I do trail and road. It's not a safety issue is it on road? Just speed ?

Related Articles

Advertisers