eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I feel excluded from this thread, so here's me polluting it with my non-MTB, not on a mountain :p:

The beady eyed might be able to see the Royal Greenwich Observatory (Herstmonceux) in the background.

Gaz
Those tyres look suspiciously like those I have just fitted to mine. Marathon plus...
Devils own job to get them over the rims...
I hastily add that there was mud in the tread from the garden.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Those tyres look suspiciously like those I have just fitted to mine. Marathon plus...
Devils own job to get them over the rims...
I hastily add that there was mud in the tread from the garden.
There is youtube video showing to how fit those tyres, google it. Worth watching as same points apply to all tyres.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I know it will hurt and you will have to wash it off the second after you have taken the photo, but there it is that's the rule.
There's a lovely little village called Flowers Green, where there were builders working both sides of the road on a farm. The road was so muddy I was 'technically' off roading:rolleyes::

They're actually Vittoria Randonnaire Trail, although my longer term aim is to swap them for Marathon Plus's (spare ones in the background of the pic above).

Gaz

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
If you had a crash and were injured would they find your bleached bones in the summer as that looks desolate.

I clicked LIKE but only to look at !
Are you kidding, I actually met two persons on the way up there. It's way more than I use to do [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing and IR772

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
There is youtube video showing to how fit those tyres, google it. Worth watching as same points apply to all tyres.
What's the secret trick? I found out on my fatbike a new way because it was bloody impossible to try and do "like usual". I had to press the thread to the middle of the rim all way around. Just to get it loose so I could began pulling it over the rim side. Took some tries to figure out [emoji2]

Actually it was my first flat tyre on the fattie after 1650 km! So I think it was meant to come soon [emoji2] and it was because someone had began to set anchors for a fence on a lawn which I thought was a good shortcut [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IR772 and EddiePJ

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
When it's cold do you guys use a fleece neck warmer pulled up or half mask? I saw one in sports direct last week. Black Kareimor one reduced to about 3 quid. Thought I would give it a go. Blooming marvellous.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use a thin full face balaclava cost me 1.99, also it tucks in under the collar line..

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson
I use an old motorcycle neck gator I've had for years, that tucks into the collar and can be pulled up over the face.
I use it skiing and all kinds. One of the best bits of kit I've ever bought. So simple yet so effective.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I use either a thin or a thicker balaclava, mostly open on full face, when it's really cold I pull it up so only eyes are visible :) but actually it haven't been so cold this winter, I use these stuff when it as colder than like 10 degrees below zero. Now I have used thick buff on the neck and double thin hats :)

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
DSC_0150.JPG

A quick blast across a couple of parks to blow away the cobwebs of a head cold. That was after a trip to the doctors to pick up a prescription then on to the chemist. Previously I would have driven that.

I'm mostly riding in top gear now on the road and covering distance easier as I've gained cardiovascular fitness and leg strength.

It was nice to be nearly home and thought 'nah, I'm staying out'

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
This winter has been really crappy. Just when it gets nice, a bit snow and not too cold, it gets warm and everything melts and turns to ice. And when it has been good enough for riding, I've opted for the push bike :p But I snapped this one today for your viewing pleasure
great pic! yes the snow is fast here too :( we have been lucky though, got some snow a week ago and it has been laying until now. But tomorrow there will come some warmer weather and kill it :( I think tomorrow morning is the last chance to ride in snow for now. So I have planned a great ride for tomorrow! :)

Today was also nice, it was like +1 and real spring feelings today. Fantastic!

/edit: ohh I forgot to say, I bought a dropper post!! XLC SP-T05. Cheap and with only a lever sticking out. Thus eliminating the issues about routing :) actually it feels good, drops 12cm. I'm used to remote on handle bar but this works also good even though it is a little unsafe doing it while riding fast. But lowering a few cm only when riding trails is so fantastic. Then you can have it up in correct (quite high position) when transporting. I wonder how I could live so long without one :)

Haibike Angered Ice Bitte
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Alright, snow is finished here, it's was very foggy on the way home. But also the Haibike in finished for now. After 1793 km the first breakdown has happened. The rear hub bearings are total waste. Have never experienced something like it, strange. So I hope they are just to exchange for new ones. It seems like that but will see better when I disasseble the hub later.

So... a short picture story, I take a break from the trail riding now for a while, will ride my ordinary ebike. C ya later....

Fog is rising...

Banvallen fog rising.jpg
(continuing in thumbnail mode because these might be a little off-topic)

At least there are cool ice formations now!!

Ice of Aspen (04).jpg

Bike broke not too far away from home...

So I'll comfort myself with some beer...

Fat Tire Beer Jumbo Jim.jpg

And some rock music!! :)

P1000777.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Probably my worst ebike ride today, heading to the North Downs north of Merstham area. Bridle ways and farm drives were a total mess, I had to stop several times to clear the mud/leaves/grass etc as it built up/clogged and prevented mainly the front wheel from turning. Conditions not to dissimilar to being on the SD's. One farm drive/track had tractor ruts 10" deep that in places formed small lakes.
Got about 20 miles and had BBS error code which then made riding a bit slow and arduous off road and up hill, so decided to call it a day and cycled the 15 miles home unpowered. In the end I was caked as much as the bike was.
At Nutfield happened upon this now civilian Gazelle ( ex RAF trainer) in a military guise.
DSCF0035.JPG

Related Articles

Advertisers