eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
To make up for things, I feel a night ride coming on shortly. :) I won't sleep in this heat, so I might just as well head out onto the forest and enjoy the night.
And what a superb night that it was riding. The temperature was perfect, the ground conditions were spot on, if not a little dusty, and all in a good ride. I even came across another lad on an mtb that had the same idea. I feel the same coming on tonight as well. :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
For me, that is where the eMTB really scores. I'm trying to use the pedal mtb as much as possible, and would have normally used that for a Monday evening ride, but given the heat and how knackered that I was feeling from working outside all day in it, taking the eMTB out for a ride made perfect sense. Tour mode gave me the assistance that I needed, I still had a work out, but wasn't left feeling exhausted and hot.

The ride wasn't overly long at 11.2 miles with 1,249ft of elevation gain, and I had intended to do a bit more, but had a couple of tyre and wheel related issues with the bike. I'm not so sure that someone hadn't tampered with the bike in T/wells, and had loosened the wheels off slightly. The tyre pressures were also way down. I knew that it didn't feel right when I rode it home from T/Wells, but had just put it down to my imagination. Clearly it wasn't and I learnt a lesson that if something doesn't feel right, then the chances are that it isn't.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Gits :mad:
Inspired, I went out tonight just after sunset. Not far. 12 miles up the Cuckoo Trail to Hailsham and back. The bits I didn't like were twofold (on an otherwise brilliant ride), firstly there sometimes seemed to be more flies than air :(
And secondly, there's an underpass at the bottom of the A22 where youth's congregate. They're just teenagers, being teenagers, but when there's a dozen or more of them drinking, I get a bit uncomfortable. Lights up on full and flat out on the way through, seems to do it. And 'WTF is that?!!' from one of them was quite reassuring ;)

Gaz

• :D
Reactions: philliptjohnson

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Gits :mad:
Inspired, I went out tonight just after sunset. Not far. 12 miles up the Cuckoo Trail to Hailsham and back. The bits I didn't like were twofold (on an otherwise brilliant ride), firstly there sometimes seemed to be more flies than air :(
And secondly, there's an underpass at the bottom of the A22 where youth's congregate. They're just teenagers, being teenagers, but when there's a dozen or more of them drinking, I get a bit uncomfortable. Lights up on full and flat out on the way through, seems to do it. And 'WTF is that?!!' from one of them was quite reassuring ;)

Gaz

You risked going to Hailsham after dark!!!!! :eek: Surely the endless stream of police helicopters hovering above the town, along with the burning cars, should have made you think twice before heading in that direction.

I just hope that your vaccinations are up to date. :(

• :D
Reactions: Moaten and Gaz

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
and don't forget some wive's would be most miffed if you went out without her !!! :mad:.
Out of action through injury at the moment. Left ankle...ouched misjudged jump. Hopefully healed for thursday's trip out to Wales.

Reactions: chris130256

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Back in action :), but nowt too much, so did a 34 miles ride up a disused railway 12 miles there and 12 miles back nice and simple ( plus the 5 miles to get there). Route 55 Newport shropshire to Stafford, gentle beginnings. Next week Coed Llandegla red/black route.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Newbie here. Had my e-MTB for about 6 weeks now. Loving getting out on local trails that I would never have attempted previously.
View attachment 20030 View attachment 20031View attachment 20032 View attachment 20033
I few years ago I stayed in a hotel at the Boscombe end of Bournemouth and rode to Poole along the sea front and then got the chain ferry to the Isle of Purbeck which I wanted to explore.

I was riding my first electric bike an Oxygen emate city which although sturdy has no serious off road pretensions. I met I guy on the Ferry who had a top of the range full suspension non electric bike and he was kind enough to say he would show me his route and I could tag along and see how I got on.

What a fabulous day I then had and was so grateful to him. The Oxygen managed everything which surprised and impressed Shaun my mate for a day as well as myself. I had to laugh afterwards thinking about some of the things I did on the Oxygen that day.

The route had some serious off road in it with a very steep off camber chalk stepped decent after Old Harry with following steep climb on the way to Corfe and included Old Harry sea stack and 9 Barrow down as well as a great little sandwich shop at Corfe and the National Trust tearoom on the way back to the ferry. I then had a great evening meal in my hotel and a bottle of wine to myself!

Not needing to use my map and having a local to follow made for a great day.

Daz9100

Just Joined
May 13, 2017
Dorset
Blimey, I know the route you've mentioned and as you say it's pretty extreme for a non MTB.
I think this is the steep decent from Old Harry that you mention.
fullsizeoutput_7062.jpeg

Reactions: Paul smith

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
image.jpeg I managed to get a triangle bag to fit and a suntour suspension seat post. Also got the water bottle on the front fork. Which is not ideal but there wasn't anywhere else. Luggage and bottle holder cAn come off quick enough if needed. But will be handy for errands and pub trips etc.

Reactions: Paul smith

Related Articles

Advertisers