erider nearly sold

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi all again Well at long last it seems my electric moped ERider Model 15 is being sold, after ages fixing it then battery went. I had 1 person bid for it But never contacted me at all. so after 1 week had no contact from buyer, so I cancelled the sale. and now someone else is coming to pay cash for it.

has anyone here heard of soodoo electric bikes

https://soodoo.co.uk/

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Hmmmm.... I would be wary. The website uses poor English and the 'shop' address listed is a 2-bed terraced house in London (although might have moved to 3-bed semi in September 2022). It looks to me like a single Chinese person, aged 26, trading from their spare room and taking orders for a Chinese company?

I stand corrected if I have misjudged but I would only buy from a reputable UK store to ensure consumer rights applicable and give this set-up a very wide berth.

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hmmmm.... I would be wary. The website uses poor English and the 'shop' address listed is a 2-bed terraced house in London (although might have moved to 3-bed semi in September 2022). It looks to me like a single Chinese person, aged 26, trading from their spare room and taking orders for a Chinese company?

I stand corrected if I have misjudged but I would only buy from a reputable UK store to ensure consumer rights applicable and give this set-up a very wide berth.

Hello I think you have answered the wrong post

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
You asked about soodoo bikes.....

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You asked about soodoo bikes.....

Well you said about (although might have moved to 3-bed semi in September 2022

so I didnt understand that bit, yes I noticed post code was showing a house etc.

maybe its the manager working from home but everything seems genuine

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I looked up the company record to see who it is owned by (a 26 year old with Chinese? name), but the address changed in September to a 3-bed semi in Kingsbury.

Personally, if spending a large sum on an Ebike I would prefer to deal with a well known company such as Woosh, Ebikes Direct or similar, not one without premises and barely established. If there were any warranty issues, I would need to be confident the company would be there to honour them rather than deal with a factory in China. Just my view.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think the OP is selling not buying.
He's selling the ERider Model 15, but asking about the soodoo, maybe to buy as a replacement?

I agree with the other posters, it looks as if customer support on the soodoo might not be that great.
The seller might well have good intentions, but that's not enough.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well I'm afraid its a bit too late now as I have bought this bike. it was on amazon for £679

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SOODOO-Electric-Removable-Lithium-Ion-Transmission/dp/B0BPGH4WDP/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=yxjjr&content-id=amzn1.sym.ef3907ff-f91d-4263-9e4a-2471c52bf60e&pf_rd_p=ef3907ff-f91d-4263-9e4a-2471c52bf60e&pf_rd_r=MY9MBDTHE2ZMS7K77B07&pd_rd_wg=pUSQW&pd_rd_r=1dfdd6c3-567f-45a8-a840-8461934d5c7a&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

But I decided to search soodoo in google and it came up with this site and the same bike for £599.99 £79 less money so bought it looks ok to me, but yes I noticed post code didn't show a store but it says london

https://soodoo.co.uk/products/ebike-02wo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well I'm afraid its a bit too late now as I have bought this bike. it was on amazon for £679
You are too impulsive, buying first, then asking later. :)

First the e-rider, now the Soodoo!

Well I hope you have much better luck this time, it certainly looks a better bet than the e-rider

Reactions: joelectric

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Congrats on the recent new bike , let’s hope it’s gives more service than the Erider 15 , the bike will be able to be peddeled home if needed

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@billyboya - You can request a cancellation, if it hasn't been dispatched yet. I cancelled an Amazon order last night - do it quick and it could happen. The mudguards are too small, there are no details about the battery cells used, I wouldn't buy it. Looks like another money pit.

Alternatively you can refuse it at your door, and it'll go back... hopefully for a full refund, if there isn't a "Restocking fee". If not, and you accept it, you should get a full refund if you don't open the packaging and raise a return after delivery.

Reactions: kangooroo

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I would say cancel your order if you can. It doesn't look like a good value for money at all.

Edit: I see Guerney was faster... I totally agree with him. All components are no name on this bike.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt and kangooroo

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
someone else is coming to pay cash for it.
I hope you manage to get rid of the moped from hell! It felt too cruel to ask this yesterday, but will the buyer turn up with a mental-health carer or guide dog? ;)

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Blimey @billyboya you asked if anyone had heard of this bike company and 3 hours later you've bought the bike...I thought after all of the grief you had with the moped you'd be more cautious and do more research before committing...

ah well, wish you luck and hope this seller gives you support if you get problems, I don't think @Nealh could survive another erider lol

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
As per description bike has double coil/hydraulic shock absorption as well as front and rear double mechanical and hydraulic disc brakes for more precise braking. Quite an interesting combination. I am looking forward to read your review of this bike.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If people here don’t want to read my posts well I have not forced anyone to. And no egroover. I won’t be posting about the new bike. Same as I did the ERider that was a different thing. And like I said I have not forced people here to help. I had already bought the bike before I posted anyway was just asking about the company. The bike has not arrived yet as only bought it a few days back. If one was to take notice of everything they won’t buy a thing. It’s all about word of mouth oh don’t drink this don’t eat that. Don’t buy that bike don’t get that car etc etc. unless you have purchased the same item or have eaten same food etc etc. well no one knows unless they have purchased same bike or food or same with voting oh tories are rubbish oh labour is rubbish all word of mouth

anyway thanks all but I won’t be posting about bike here so all can rest easy now. I probably shouldn’t have came back here. I just want to say many thanks once again to the brilliant Nealh, Matthew, and others who taught me loads on that ERider. I learnt a lot from those guys

have a great year all

bye