Error "06 info" on lcd?

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
the error 06 does not appear with the motor phase wires disconnected. when using throttle the temperature display does show this "loading like" icon though.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
should i do this connected and powered on? or just connected? or...? i can give it a second try but i feel the multimeter isnt working properly.
Disconnect, no power. Meter seemed normal from your earlier result.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Is it the same result across all combinations?

If you touch them together do you get 0?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
i just tried all combinations again and finally get results. One combination gives an immediate 19,8k resistance. The second combination gives 11k that builds up to 19,8k slowly but takes a minute. The last combination gives 26k that slowly moves back to 19,8k and also takes a minute.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
unplug the motor cable from the controller and test the green/yellow/blue wires on the motor side.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
your motor seems OK. Now reconnect two of the 3 phase wires at a time, then switch on the LCD. You want to find out which combination(s) causes the LCD to show 06_info.
If both green-blue and green-yellow cause the LCD to show the error, then the green FETs are blown. That's the idea.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
your motor seems OK. Now reconnect two of the 3 phase wires at a time, then switch on the LCD. You want to find out which combination(s) causes the LCD to show 06_info.
If both green-blue and green-yellow cause the LCD to show the error, then the green FETs are blown. That's the idea.
Whats a FET? Is that the controller?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
they are the three-legged chips that are bolted to the sides of the controller's metal casing. Don't worry about this too much. Just concentrate on fault finding.

raymee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2015
I would get the supplier to send you a new controller and the loom from Controller to the motor, one of these is obviously defective.
Let us know how you get on as my experience with overseas sellers and warrant issues has not been good.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
unfortunatly all combinations show the 06 info error.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
I would get the supplier to send you a new controller and the loom from Controller to the motor, one of these is obviously defective.
Let us know how you get on as my experience with overseas sellers and warrant issues has not been good.
i bought it not from a shop but from a person (wich obviously dropped me as a rock)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it seems that you need a new controller

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
left the battery on the charger today and it balanced out to 54,1volts. I tested it again on the bicycle and got the same problem. i really hope the controller will fix the problem....seeing as all electronics are in there and the motor is just copper coils and nothing else i think.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Copper coils and varnish!
The varnish acts as insulation stopping the copper coils from short circuiting.
If the insulation is broken, a short forms. This bypasses the coil windings, Reduces the reluctance and causes low drive and high current. Bringing on very hot wires. And finally the magic smoke.
Hence circuitry to detect shorts and raise error message. And lots of advice here on metering the motor to detect.