Events: 15th NEC Cycle Show Birmingham: 23rd-25th September 2016

the consequence of that policy is reduced participation due to high cost.
Contrast this show with Redbridge where anyone could come and show their wares for free. If you like the spirit of Redbridge, perhaps you should encourage traders on this forum to band together to take this format outside London.
The show at the NEC sells out every year and there is a waiting list to get in (as an exhibitor) its also getting bigger each year, so if you compare that to Redbridge, that is no longer running, I think you'll find that the high cost is justified in terms of the footfall of trade and retail customers.

There were a lot of high profile buyers at the show this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there is a waiting list to get in (as an exhibitor) .
That denotes a healthy corporate spending which may push the show organizers toward looking down on exhibitors offering discount at the show.

lozw

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2016
RG45
Out of interest, would people prefer to see a dedicated eBike show?
Personally, I went to the cycle show only to look at eBikes and accessories.
Apart from the esoteric and historical 'manual' bikes on show, I took no interest in those stands or bikes.

I would certainly attend something like a "London eBike Show" if such a thing was organised.

• Agree
Reactions: Crockers
Out of interest, would people prefer to see a dedicated eBike show?
Personally, I went to the cycle show only to look at eBikes and accessories.
Apart from the esoteric and historical 'manual' bikes on show, I took no interest in those stands or bikes.

I would certainly attend something like a "London eBike Show" if such a thing was organised.
Something like this?

PEDELEX
In Association with Freego
Media Partners: CYCLE TRADE
London Olympia 29-30 October 2016

pedelex.show

Its trade only ( I think) , and too late for most eBike businesses I suspect. So like most eBike only things, it'll be run once and then not again.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Something like this?

PEDELEX

pedelex.show

Its trade only ( I think) , and too late for most eBike businesses I suspect. So like most eBike only things, it'll be run once and then not again.
I agree Col, a complete waste of time.

We need to understand that as in Germany and Holland the EBike market is simply a part of the bicycle market as a whole. We will integrate completely sooner or later. That IMO is a good thing.

All the best, David

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Something like this?

PEDELEX

pedelex.show

Is that a genuine show Col?

www.pedelex.show is pretty scant with details & the olympia site doesn't list it as happening either??

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I agree Col, a complete waste of time.

We need to understand that as in Germany and Holland the EBike market is simply a part of the bicycle market as a whole. We will integrate completely sooner or later. That IMO is a good thing.

All the best, David

The general bike market in the UK seems to be going though a bit of a lull at the moment so the sports bike sellers are experimenting with e-bikes,but not sure their heart is in it......in Germany the bike shops are quite happy to sell e-bikes alongside vanilla bikes.
KudosDave

Is that a genuine show Col?

www.pedelex.show is pretty scant with details & the olympia site doesn't list it as happening either??
Yes they've been trying to get us to exhibit for close to a year now, and we keep telling them that there is no market for an eBike trade only show at this time of year. They are tagging it onto a motorbike or scooter show, so hoping their existing visitors will be interested.

I don't know of any brands that have actually confirmed, which is why there is very little information on the site I suspect.

• Informative
Reactions: Wander

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I will take a small display of e-bikes to the Classic Car Show, stand Rally Design,November 11-13.also at the NEC.
The bikes I am likely to take....
Kudos Stealth
Kudos Alamo
Kudos Verona
Kudos Sprint
Kudos K16
Kudos Secret
IMHO the Classic Car show is one of the most interesting shows of the year,including the classic motorcycles.
We normally have the second largest stand after Jaguar Cars.
The interest in e-bikes at that show has in the past proven considerable, the age demographic of classic car interest is similar to those buying e-bikes.
The Kudos Stealth/Alamo are selling very well at the moment,it seems to be the bike of the moment,we have kept the price for this batch at £935.00
Cost wise,attending this show,it is probably similar to the cycle show.
KudosDave