Extension cables, how many types of julet connector are there?

Simon Knight

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2009
Hi,
I am in the process of fitting a Tonsheng mid drive motor to a recumbent trike. The bottom bracket is out in front and the supplied speed sensor and remote control switch leads are too short. So I need to purchase two extension leads one five pin, one six pin both male to female, the connectors are marked JULET but I am struggling to find the correct type on the web.

There are a multitude of Chinese suppliers offering JULET leads but looking at their pictures that describe their leads there appear to be significant differences between types of JULET leads over and above pin count. The leads I require have D shaped pin sockets mounted within a circular protective shroud; many of the leads offered use a circular pin sockets and a notch to ensure correct pin to socket connection.

I suspect that JULET describes the type of water proof locking rather than the pin mounting shapes some of which are oval. So my question is does anyone know the name / type / generation that describes the lead types I require?

I have attached a picture of the female end I require, note I only need to connect to a single one of the pair shown in the photograph.

best wishes
S

Attachments

Simon Knight

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2009
I have found one of the two cables by searching for tongsheng speed sensor extension cable but my original question stands i.e. what type of JULET connection is being used?