Ezee 20% Price Reductions!

C

Cyclezee

I see that Cyclepoint have reduced the price of several models, the Torq is now 20% off and other models have lesser reductions.

Are they having a clearout prior to a new model being launched, maybe Flecc knows the answer to that one;), or is it due to increased competion?

This makes their conversion kit look even more expensive at £895 when for an additional £140 you can get a complete bike with the same kit:eek:

J:) hn

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see that Cyclepoint have reduced the price of several models, the Torq is now 20% off and other models have lesser reductions.

Are they having a clearout prior to a new model being launched, maybe Flecc knows the answer to that one;), or is it due to increased competion?

This makes their conversion kit look even more expensive at £895 when for an additional £140 you can get a complete bike with the same kit:eek:

I don't know of any new models, and I suspect it's just to get some stock moving and the market rolling again. Being such a big seller during the battery problem period, eZee were much more severely damaged by it than others affected and it takes time for prospective customers to regain confidence.

Hopefully we'll see eZee re-establish itself as a leading name in 2009 now that they have reliable batteries and the bikes are proving themselves on a variety of distance events to add to their Presteigne successes.

WaiWonChing

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2007
Chief eZee Operator

Hi,

Given that the GBP has dropped more than 25 % to US$ and more for the CNY
the discount is actually more like 45 %. That accounts for the difference in value for the conversion KIT which will be based on the current exchange rate.
Hope those who is looking into pruchasing a quality ebike will not miss this fantastic opportunity.

W W Ching

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
What's the cyclepoint URL? I think they should invest in some search engine optimisation on their website because it doesn't even come up in any sensible searchs on Google. If I search for 'Cyclepoint' then this forum comes up second in the results and the actual Cyclepoint store is nowhere to be seen! Searchs for 'Ezee' etc. also give no results. I think they would sell a vast amount more stuff if they came up in the results when people searched for electric bike related stuff.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The problem Maestro is that the name Cyclepoint belongs to a prior organisation which always seem to take search precedence.

Here's the site link though.

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
The problem Maestro is that the name Cyclepoint belongs to a prior organisation which always seem to take search precedence.

Here's the site link though.
If there is another organisation called Cyclepoint that has good SEO then its understandable that they don't come top but infact the top result on Google UK is a poxy directory site and the second is this site. There's absolutely no reason that 'cyclepoint.net' shouldn't come top with relatively little work. Getting high ranks in search engines can be *extremely* hard where there is a lot of competition for a certain search term or word, but I work in SEO and I can tell that there's very little competition for the 'Cyclepoint' word.

More importantly, casual web surfers are more likely to search on something like 'Ezee bike' and 50Cycles come top for that search who haven't sold them for ages really although their pages still contain (disparaging) information about them. There's really no excuse for not coming in the top 5 for this term. I'm not having a go at them, I really like Ezee bikes and I want them to do well, so I think this is extremely important to sort out. Maybe they are doing well enough on local shop sales though but I kinda doubt it.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If there is another organisation called Cyclepoint that has good SEO then its understandable that they don't come top but infact the top result on Google UK is a poxy directory site and the second is this site. There's absolutely no reason that 'cyclepoint.net' shouldn't come top with relatively little work. Getting high ranks in search engines can be *extremely* hard where there is a lot of competition for a certain search term or word, but I work in SEO and I can tell that there's very little competition for the 'Cyclepoint' word.

More importantly, casual web surfers are more likely to search on something like 'Ezee bike' and 50Cycles come top for that search who haven't sold them for ages really although their pages still contain (disparaging) information about them. There's really no excuse for not coming in the top 5 for this term. I'm not having a go at them, I really like Ezee bikes and I want them to do well, so I think this is extremely important to sort out. Maybe they are doing well enough on local shop sales though but I kinda doubt it.
I agree Maestro, they really should have put more effort in on this. I remember how much work Russ put in with Google to ensure his new pedelecs forum got high up the rankings.

One can be lucky of course. I remember when I first created my websites for the Giant lafree and eZee Torq I was getting crazy rankings for private websites. Entering just about anything related, for example "battery torq" would not just give me top ranking but sometimes the entire first Google page!!! It didn't last of course, but that still gets me onto page one, and just entering flecc on the international Google search gives my two sites the top two positions, not bad for two free space private websites. :)

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
I agree Maestro, they really should have put more effort in on this. I remember how much work Russ put in with Google to ensure his new pedelecs forum got high up the rankings.

One can be lucky of course. I remember when I first created my websites for the Giant lafree and eZee Torq I was getting crazy rankings for private websites. Entering just about anything related, for example "battery torq" would not just give me top ranking but sometimes the entire first Google page!!! It didn't last of course, but that still gets me onto page one, and just entering flecc on the international Google search gives my two sites the top two positions, not bad for two free space private websites. :)
Yep, the logic that they use to determine rankings has changed quite a lot over the years. They have got a lot better at recognising sites with unique content so I dare say that private websites like yours would still do well. You were probably somewhat of a pioneer and there probably wasn't much written on the same subjects at the time. If your site isn't so unique though its all about getting other relevant web pages to link back to your site as I'm sure you know - which is where it gets harder or starts to involve sums of money changing hands.

I bet Cyclepoint could massively improve their rankings with links back to them from the front pages of just 4 or 5 popular cycling websites. I expect that even the link in this forum post will help their ranking a little.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If your site isn't so unique though its all about getting other relevant web pages to link back to your site as I'm sure you know - which is where it gets harder or starts to involve sums of money changing hands.

I bet Cyclepoint could massively improve their rankings with links back to them from the front pages of just 4 or 5 popular cycling websites. I expect that even the link in this forum post will help their ranking a little.
Yes, at the start of this pedelecs website I linked to it from my two websites and also had a webpage of introductory text to help launch it which helped it a lot, and I benefit in turn from the fact that A to B magazine later linked to both my Torq and Lafree websites from their Quicklinks page of Top Ten requested links. Mind you, I've also linked to Cyclepoint from my Torq site but it doesn't seem to have helped much. :(

I notice though that A to B's Quicklinks has 50cycles still as the eZee agents and no mention of Cyclepoint, less than helpful.

Last edited:

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
I notice though that A to B's Quicklinks has 50cycles still as the eZee agents and no mention of Cyclepoint, less than helpful.
I don't believe that if Cyclepoint had asked AtoB to update that, they would have refused, which supports the view that either the Cyclepoint guys have no clue about how to promote their business on-line, or are not bothered about doing so. Odd!

Out of curiousity, and also to give them a bit of help in rankings, I clicked through from the link above and noted three things which support the view that they are less than serious in their efforts to sell Ezee bikes:

Their site gives at least equal prominence to a range of quite nice looking but obscure and expensive Italian retro bikes. Obviously they can sell what they like, but many people would rather buy an electric bike from someone who was focusing on them.

They have a links page but there isn't a link to this forum.

They push the Electric Transport Shop as their retail partner. Interesting, as the previous Ezee agent (50 Cycles) regarded ETS as their No.1 competitor and would never have given them that support.

Perhaps they actually just want to act as an importer and outsource the sales side?
Maybe they need to get together with Tony Castles...?!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Their site gives at least equal prominence to a range of quite nice looking but obscure and expensive Italian retro bikes.
These appeared belatedly and are probably a reflection of wanting to get some kind of business moving for their new shop in the absence of sufficient eZee sales.

Perhaps they actually just want to act as an importer and outsource the sales side?
I think it's more likely not having the appropriate experience or aptitude to get things rolling.

If they could actually make contact they'd be clever enough not to need help. :D

Last edited:

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
I think it's more likely not having the appropriate experience or aptitude to get things rolling.
In which case, why did Mr Ching appoint them if they don't know what to do? Don't say it was because Tony C. didn't return his call...!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In which case, why did Mr Ching appoint them if they don't know what to do? Don't say it was because Tony C. didn't return his call...!
Spoilsport, you prevented my best response! :)

Frank, see your PMs in a moment.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I don't believe that if Cyclepoint had asked AtoB to update that, they would have refused, which supports the view that either the Cyclepoint guys have no clue about how to promote their business on-line, or are not bothered about doing so. Odd!

Out of curiousity, and also to give them a bit of help in rankings, I clicked through from the link above and noted three things which support the view that they are less than serious in their efforts to sell Ezee bikes:

Their site gives at least equal prominence to a range of quite nice looking but obscure and expensive Italian retro bikes. Obviously they can sell what they like, but many people would rather buy an electric bike from someone who was focusing on them.

They have a links page but there isn't a link to this forum.

They push the Electric Transport Shop as their retail partner. Interesting, as the previous Ezee agent (50 Cycles) regarded ETS as their No.1 competitor and would never have given them that support.

Having your competitors help sell your bikes,seems good to me, i would say an ezee torq is as good,and is better looking than anything else the electric transport shop sells,they have three shops in the country in good locations,if i were selling electric bikes i would rather have them working for me than against me.

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Cyclepoint and eZee bikes

All, on the matter of the direction Cyclepoint are going in, their Brighton Shop certainly gives prominence to eZee bikes, so hopefully they will read these posts and Rhys will make impoving his web visibility his New Year's resolution!

I like the tone of the posts on this thread; rightly critical but very helpful.

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Lets hope they are giving them away soon I would like one for free and fit a new wisper battery to it and see what happens. 37V and 14amps might go like the wind/ has anyone attached a wisper battery to an ezee bike before?

Cyclepoint probably have no other way to sell ezee otherwise they would sell it themselves.

thx

Bob

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
its a shame that at present not more effort is being put in to sell the Ezee bikes as they (provided any reliability issues have been ironed out) seem to have some the best components for the bicycle side of things..

That said on something like the Forza I would have preferred to see 7/8 speed cassettes and v-brakes for a slightly cheaper bike, I remember hearing somewhere that 9 speed chains were thinner and less robust !

Its going to be a couple of years if not more before I think of "upgrading" though so plenty of time for improvements...

Having your competitors help sell your bikes,seems good to me, i would say an ezee torq is as good,and is better looking than anything else the electric transport shop sells,they have three shops in the country in good locations,if i were selling electric bikes i would rather have them working for me than against me.
given the distances involved and that many people tend to try and find a local supplier for bicycles I would have thought it was more co-operation than competition.

Living in Ipswich was why I chose ETS after checking many suppliers as they have a shop in Cambridge - even then I thought it was a long distance if the bike needed servicing - but they have said they can work with local shops and one LBS workshop has already said they are happy to work on e-bikes.

Even so I was a bit wary as I don't have a car and if I needed to get the bike for service at Cambridge this might be a problem, but it dawned on me I had totally overlooked the fact that provided the bike still rolls I could always take it on the train..

C

Cyclezee

That said on something like the Forza I would have preferred to see 7/8 speed cassettes and v-brakes for a slightly cheaper bike, I remember hearing somewhere that 9 speed chains were thinner and less robust !
The Torq fulfills those requirements Alex, 8 speed cassette, V Brakes and currently £220 cheaper than the Forza.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi

Lets hope they are giving them away soon I would like one for free and fit a new wisper battery to it and see what happens. 37V and 14amps might go like the wind/ has anyone attached a wisper battery to an ezee bike before?

Cyclepoint probably have no other way to sell ezee otherwise they would sell it themselves.

thx

Bob
Hi Bob

Good idea!

I am off to China today to test the new Wisper 906 which will be launched in the early summer, the 906 will be a top of the range model with all the kit, including the splendid 8 speed Shimano Alfine rear hub. We will retain the throttle but it will now work in coordination with a new Japanese motor, controller, torque sensor system developed for Wisper. Not cheap, but worth waiting for.

All the best David :)