First eBike Ride

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Continental or what?

I had my first eBike ride today ... great fun!

My DIY ride is at E-Bike First Ride

Special thanks to flecc, Baboonking and Maryinoxford for earlier advice that got me on the right track.

Regards, Paul
Hi Paul:
Admired your handywork and DIY designs.
Could not help noticing that the mirror is on the left hand side of the handlebar. Could see no evidence that the picture was pasted "Flipped" not that the cycles is used on the continent. :confused:
Spare me a moment of your time to explain, please.
(I'm going to come out of this with :eek: )
Peter

Grandad

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2007
Devon
grandads.googlepages.com
I also found this site for those with hill problems. (video)

Hi Grandad
They stole the idea from the San Francisco Tramway (which incidentally was a British idea/manufacature.
Peter
Off topic again, but have you ever heard of Brunel's Atmospheric Railway?
See Here.
I had a look around the area once and saw the engine shed and a portion of the vacuum pipe, very interesting. In those days engineers like Brunel and Stevenson were highly thought of in this county, unfortunately that is not the case nowadays.
Jeff

Edit: Moderators feel free to delete or move this posting to another thread.

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Hi Paul:
Admired your handywork and DIY designs.
Could not help noticing that the mirror is on the left hand side of the handlebar. Could see no evidence that the picture was pasted "Flipped" not that the cycles is used on the continent. :confused:
Spare me a moment of your time to explain, please.
(I'm going to come out of this with :eek: )
Peter
It puzzled me at first, it will all become clear if you read Pauls public profile here.

pdg

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 26, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Back from a business trip, I have lots of msgs to catch on this thread.

Jeff, you made _very_ creative alternatives for the battery mount ... thx! The under-crossbar location is actually quite functional and I no longer hit the battery with my leg as I did swinging over the rear rack.

ElectricMike, I don't need the ice lolly stick sound. I add my own sound effects ... brrrrrooommm ... and rsscot, it _is_ a mean sound. I can't get over the fun of riding an eBike!

Peter, you got it ... I'm in 'the colonies'. Lived in England from 75-78 and managed to keep my roadbike to the LH side of the road (more or less). I still have a RHD sports car from all those years ago.

Nigel, I will post a roadtest soon. Still sorting out a charging issue and have yet to get the battery to take a re-charge. Should get it sorted out tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul