Forum tidy-up

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Can you get the 'Go to first new post' icon on threads to work properly? It hardly ever takes me to the first new post for the thread? Other than that I catch all new posts using the 'New Posts' feature so it doesn't matter which forum thread someone posts into, I catch them all.
That's something I find us a pain as well, I've set the pages to reverse so the newest post is the most recent.
what about a "thanks" button? - Just been on a video forum, asked a question, got my answer and just needed to say thanks and there was a "thanks" button - nice touch and it'll cut out things like ..
Thanks - have a nice day
Thanks - thats been really helpfull
Thanks - thats exactly what I wanted to know
Thanks - I'll try another forum then ...
and not forgetting the Rory Gallagher "Thanks a million" ...
:)
Thanks puts quite a strain on the server so may not be workable, rep isn't so bad.

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Hi Russ

Is there anyway of notifying us by email if a certain "key" word is used in a post (such as Wisper)?

Is there a way of notifying by email manufacturer's/importes when a new query is posted in it's clinic?

Best regards

David
Not necessarily within the forum software, but you can get a notification everytime Google crawls your brand and finds something new. Enter your keywords (including mis-spellings) into Google Alerts (Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content) and set it up with your Google account (easy to setup if you don't have one already) and you can set your alerts to anything from weekly to "as it happens".

V handy...

Just beware, any other references to "wispering..." will also be picked up too!

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Yes, a THANKS button is very handy - I'd like one too.

Also a giant prod with a post it note on the end reminding I posted in a thread that my aged brain has since forgotten about. ;)