Garmin 820. Has anyone bought one?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I've never bothered with the remote, but good to hear how you get on. The problem i had was a cluttered dash (excuse the term) i.e. lights, garmin, lock out remote, horn etc. I've decluttered and feel better for it.

God, i sound like the other half!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Reading through the pdf I found this...
Pairing an eBike
1 Bring the device within range (3 m) of the eBike.‍
NOTE: Stay 10 m away from other ANT‍+ sensors while
pairing.‍
2 Select > eBike > Enable > Search.‍
When the eBike is paired with your device, the sensor status
is Connected.‍
TIP: You can select eBike Details to view information stored on
the paired eBike computer, such as the odometer and battery
life.‍
Obviously need a Bluetooth ebike...

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I did this with the Nyon. It was a bit pointless to be honest. I found the Garmin more accurate than the Nyon / iPhone for recording data!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I've never bothered with the remote, but good to hear how you get on. The problem i had was a cluttered dash (excuse the term) i.e. lights, garmin, lock out remote, horn etc. I've decluttered and feel better for it.

God, i sound like the other half!
2 hours riding with the garmin remote.
As per photos it is mounted using the garmin rubber bands on the inside of the left hood and I was wearing full fingered, but summer weight gloves.
I couldn't feel the bands on the outside of the hood unless I specifically felt for them and the unit itself didn't obstruct my thumb, my grip or operation of the gears and brakes.. so far so good!
I have the scroll button nearest to my thumb and easily used it to scroll through the screens.. short press forwards and long press back.
Would I pay £40 for this? I don't think so... but i like its functionallty, it apeals to my love of all things wireless and as it came in the box I will continue to use it..