"Get me Home" Battery

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
GP? what GP? Ours are missing in inaction. 8 weeks for a telephone consultation if you're lucky, 12 weeks for in person.
Since the accident I've been shipped all over the country to various NHS and private clinics, MRI's two of them, one CAT scan, numerous x-rays and in the end they all said I'll have to live with it as best I can.
Did any doctors think that physiotherapy would help? After being referred to a physio or my sciatica by my GP, I was given exercises to strengthen my transverse abdominis muscles to correct spine curvature causing nerve compression resulting in pain all down the back of my legs to my toes, and the pain disappeared after two weeks. I still have to do those exercises from time to time. Repeatedly going back to your GP and reporting pain, escalates your case I think, to the point where they have to do something, which could be referral to a physio if appropriate.

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Lenny -thanks for your concern. I had a quick look at that video, I'll download it and study in depth. I'm willing to have a go at anything, although I would draw the line at sticking crystals up my rear end!
Those exercises could make things worse. Please do talk to your GP and get referred to a phyotherapist or consultant. AFAIK bones can fuse making pain permanent.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
I've found a combination of daily exercises, riding the bike 2-3 times a week and copious amounts of co-codamol keep me mobile and relatively pain-free until I stand too long or sit on a hard chair for more than 10 mins. The physiotherapist showed me the correct way to do the exercises and I video'd him showing me exactly what and what not to do. I look at that now and again to make sure I haven't modified any routines, which can happen over years. Precise movements with no variation is the key I have found.

Bogmonster666

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2022
I damaged my coccyx, not sure if bruised or broken. I suspect broken by the amount of time it took to heal. Didn't bother with gp, didn't seem much point. I think they rarely do anything unless the bone angle interferes with bodily functions.

A year on and it is not so sore now. Do struggle on hard seats though.

I did mine when I sat down a bit too quickly and found myself in an awkward situation with a stalagmite. I was actually sitting down to help strap somebody into a stretcher. I almost asked them to get out so I could be carried instead. The pain did make me feel a bit sick.

I know somebody else who broke her coccyx underground - slid down a rock slope on her arse (on purpose) and found a little pointy bit of rock that just happened to find her coccyx. X-rayed but nothing to do but wait for it to mend

Still, Mrs Bogmonster had a car accident and ended up with a broken pelvis, front and back, broken sternum and ribs, punctured lung, and some minor internal bleeding. She always tries to go one better. The car wasn't great either, especially after the fire brigade cut the side doors and pillar out - couldn't extract her through the roof as car ended up in a pub porch. Luckily it was removed by opening time.

Last edited: