giant full e

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
hi, wondering if anyone knows if it possible to swap the ridecontrol charge display with the evo. friend has a full e+2 and we were looking at a +1 in the shop and the evo display is much better looking.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Your best bet is to contact a giant dealer or giant themselves,
The head office for Europe is in the Netherlands, so might be best going through a dealer.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Your best bet is to contact a giant dealer or giant themselves,
The head office for Europe is in the Netherlands, so might be best going through a dealer.
too lazy for that. just wondering if its a straight unplug/plug kinda set up. if i get one myself i might be more inclined to make an effort. did ride very nice though.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
I have the +1. Really good trail bike only gripe is the low motor, really have to watch speed on drop offs, too slow will see the skid plate catch on the lip and push rear wheel up and front wheel down into a nose dive.
Being clipped in I can pull rear up to clear lip.
It has the 500 Watt battery plenty of range, stick it in normal and leave it there. Power is too much on a steep climb, it will loop out.
The +2 has a 400 Watt battery.
The +1 has Fox suspension front and rear, which works very well.
The +2 has Aion suspension, not had any dealings with this brand so can't comment.
I have changed the tyres from Shwable Rocket Rons to Shawble Nobby Nics as there was not enough grip for my type of riding with the Rocket Rons. I changed the handlebar to a Renthal fatbar for extra width and rise. The last thing I changed was the double front ring to a single narrow wide with 34 teeth, too much torque chain would suck on down shifts. 1x11 is more than enough gears.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I have the +1. Really good trail bike only gripe is the low motor, really have to watch speed on drop offs, too slow will see the skid plate catch on the lip and push rear wheel up and front wheel down into a nose dive.
Being clipped in I can pull rear up to clear lip.
It has the 500 Watt battery plenty of range, stick it in normal and leave it there. Power is too much on a steep climb, it will loop out.
The +2 has a 400 Watt battery.
The +1 has Fox suspension front and rear, which works very well.
The +2 has Aion suspension, not had any dealings with this brand so can't comment.
I have changed the tyres from Shwable Rocket Rons to Shawble Nobby Nics as there was not enough grip for my type of riding with the Rocket Rons. I changed the handlebar to a Renthal fatbar for extra width and rise. The last thing I changed was the double front ring to a single narrow wide with 34 teeth, too much torque chain would suck on down shifts. 1x11 is more than enough gears.
was it a straight swap for the narrow wide?
the +2 is a bit of a bargain at the moment for £1999
have you gone tubeless?

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Yes straight swap, you'll need a 36mm socket to remove the spider, Left hand thread, remove old chainrings re-use chainring bolts. I removed front mech and fitted direct mount chain guide.
I looked at the +2 but no dropper only 400 Watt battery and unknown suspension put me off, I payed the extra £600 for the +1, no regrets.
Yes have gone tubeless, using Orange seal kit at 25 Psi front and rear.
I found 20 psi front and rear was too vague and handled like a boat. I'm guessing it's due to bike having plus sized tyres.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Yes straight swap, you'll need a 36mm socket to remove the spider, Left hand thread, remove old chainrings re-use chainring bolts. I removed front mech and fitted direct mount chain guide.
I looked at the +2 but no dropper only 400 Watt battery and unknown suspension put me off, I payed the extra £600 for the +1, no regrets.
I found 20 psi front and rear was too vague and handled like a boat. I'm guessing it's due to bike having plus sized tyres.
well ive just ordered the +2 for £1999. cheapest i could find the +1 was an extra £850 which was just a little bit too much. i can add a dropper, evo display and extra battery at a later date for the money saved. or trade up next year .

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I really wanted to buy locally but no one came close to the £1999 jejames had it for. Partridge cycles had an ex demo with 200 miles and a few scratches for £1995 but for a few quid more I got one straight out of the wrapper. Some local shop will have to make do with making money from the servicing.

bbqforce10

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2017
devon
Ok, thanks for the info. Very tempted with this. Never had a full sus bike before and will be using for mainly commuting, but some weekend trail fun as well.
Be interested in hearing your thoughts after you have had a proper ride. Also what size did you go for, I'm 5ft10?

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Same height here and gone for a medium. Not sure how it will be as a commuter. At least you can lock out the rear for road use. Hope mine gets dispatched soon

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
I have never used the lockouts on my bike on the road. Unless you are pedalling out of the seat (unlikely on an ebike) there shouldn’t be any squat no matter how hard you pedal. Depends on the design of the system I guess, but on Giant bikes there’s zero bob.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I have never used the lockouts on my bike on the road. Unless you are pedalling out of the seat (unlikely on an ebike) there shouldn’t be any squat no matter how hard you pedal. Depends on the design of the system I guess, but on Giant bikes there’s zero bob.
thats good to know, i wont be getting rid of my rockhopper with my bafang rear hub, ill use that for commuting and shopping but will no doubt show off my giant from time to time around the roads

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I've never gone tubeless, is it a straight forward job with these rims and tires?

Related Articles

Advertisers