GSM with external controller - PAS connections

pn_day

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
St Andrews, Fife
Hi all

I bought a GSM crank drive from Woosh months ago, and have just got round to trying to fit it to my velomobile.

I have modified my controller (S12S) to deliver max 18A (desoldered and filed shunt). However, the 'pedelec sensor' lead with the GSM has 4 wires on the connector (black, yellow, green, red); whereas my controller PAS sensor input only has 3 wires (black, yellow, brown).

Is the 'pedelec' sensor the same as a power assist sensor? If so, can anyone advise on connections with this controller please?

If not, please can you advise a suitable sine wave controller that had the correct connections? I thought the S6S (also from BMS battery) was one of the options, but this has the same 3 pin PAS. I'd like to re-use my LCD3 display, throttle etc if possible.

Thanks for any ideas you might have
Phil

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Phil,

Pedelec Dual Hall sensor wiring:

Black: ground
Red: 5V supply
Yellow: Hall 1 output
Green: Hall 2 output

If your controller uses 3 wire sensor, discard Hall 2 (yellow).

You can download the manual here:
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/manuals/GSM-external-controller-kit.pdf
The instructions for the pedal sensor is on page 4.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The GSM has internal pas sensor though if using an external controller you should be able to wire up a crank pedal sensor and magnet disc as normal and not worry about the internal one as an alternative option.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anotherkiwi

pn_day

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
St Andrews, Fife
That is impressive service - I also emailed Woosh directly and got a very quick reply.

For the benefit of anyone searching for this in the future, here are the connections for S06/S12 style controllers from BMS battery to the GSM pedelec/PAS.

According to BMS, the PAS controller wiring is

PAS wire:

1.Brown:+5V;2.Black:GND;3.Yellow:signal

Connect the green hall sensor from GSM to the yellow on controller PAS input , and leave yellow hall sensor from GSM disconnected (and red to brown, black to black).

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I fried the internal PAS on mine and am running it with a KT V12 external PAS.

Reactions: Woosh
D

Deleted member 4366

The only controller I've seen with a four-wire PAS connector is the 20A Sinewave one for the dolphin battery from BMSB, but inside the controller, one wire isn't connected. Interestingly, on two different controllers, one connected the green and the other the yellow.

The S12S has a setting for the PAS signal (C1), so test to see which wires pulse, connect one of them and then play with the settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Woosh