Haibike return policy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the yamaha bike has the old pw motor as the bosch with the cx drive says performance but it is a cx drive.

so 60nm than 75nm just turned down with software, and no this cant be changed.

D

Deleted member 4366

Paying £500 for a replacement battery that has low internal resistance and works the same at 10% as 100%
That's utter rubbish! Who told you that?

The voltage is 42v when fully charged and about 34v at 10% charge. Ohms law says that current is proportional to voltage in any conductor. Power is volts x amps. No amount of sales ball cox can change the laws of physics.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just make sure you are happy with it size wise or you will regret it and tbh any bike shop that knows even the basics should of said a dropper post was a option.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I bought a 15" ebike which didn't quite fit my ape index, clickety, click. The bars felt too close, and a bit too low. So I tweaked it all with a new seatpost and an extending bar adjuster. It feels fine now. You may wish to do something similar to get your bike right for you and your mrs. Never mind all the inter-forum banter, you have a great bike. Enjoy it. :)

The whole family uses our two bikes. Me, the wife, my son, and my two daughters from time to time and, from 5'10" to 5'4", we all differ in height. I keep an Allen key multi-tool in the bike bag for easy 'on the fly' adjustments if we swap bikes around the local park.

DSC00609.JPG DSC00618.JPG

We don't fanny around on our two bikes. That £10 ebay adjuster is 'solid'. :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: IR772 and E-Wheels

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
Bosch CX is the class leader at the moment,i have tried them all at their max perfotmance and what does it for me with the Bosch is the faster you go the better it performs against the others that seem to ramp down or tail off sooner with the power.
The impulse Kalkhoff motor was more powerful than the Bosch and i loved it but i had the 2015 version with the issues.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It's a bit willy waving. Ether bike will make you a superman compared to unassisted bikes climbing, the woosh bikes will do that.
Then it's how much money vs a 1-2% difference in performance (if that)

Reactions: E-Wheels

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
That's utter rubbish! Who told you that?

The voltage is 42v when fully charged and about 34v at 10% charge. Ohms law says that current is proportional to voltage in any conductor. Power is volts x amps. No amount of sales ball cox can change the laws of physics.
D8veh you would be correct if the motor were just directly connected to the battery and working flat out all the time, but it does not.

The Ebike has a controller which utilises PWM as we are using a % of assistance to the bike and not 100 %.

The controller will provide the same % output irrespective of the battery voltage as the software compromises for this reducing battery voltage.

Certainly this is what happens on my Haibike.

Just pointing out what really happens rather than ohms law.

• Informative

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Has anyone bought the SDuro hardseven 5.5? It's the same price as the XDuro 4.0 but has the bigger battery and according to the Haibike numbering system is a higher spec bike

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Has anyone bought the SDuro hardseven 5.5? It's the same price as the XDuro 4.0 but has the bigger battery and according to the Haibike numbering system is a higher spec bike
Its a Haibike what's not to like, also they finally used up all the garish colour paints they had hanging around (like mine) and it now looks great as well.

• Informative

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Well, I've collected my bike, and it's was the first time I have seen the XDuro in the flesh. I was expecting it to look the same as the SDuro, but with slight colour changes, but how wrong I was. The integration with the Bosch motor has been designed to perfection. The frame is nicely moulded to the battery, not just bolted on top. I'm well pleased.

With regards to the sizing, yes, I think for me the 50cm would have been better, but there is enough saddle adjustment to compensate. The 45cm also suits my daughter and wife better, so I think the whole family will be able to enjoy it.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Well, I've collected my bike, and it's was the first time I have seen the XDuro in the flesh. I was expecting it to look the same as the SDuro, but with slight colour changes, but how wrong I was. The integration with the Bosch motor has been designed to perfection. The frame is nicely moulded to the battery, not just bolted on top. I'm well pleased.

With regards to the sizing, yes, I think for me the 50cm would have been better, but there is enough saddle adjustment to compensate. The 45cm also suits my daughter and wife better, so I think the whole family will be able to enjoy it.
You will just have to buy another one for yourself so both wife and you can go for rides together.