Hardly used TongSheng TSDZ2B 48V 350W/500W Torque Sensing Mid Drive Motor

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
Hi Guy's,

I bought a new TSDZ2B motor recently and I want to sell it. It's done 50 miles and works as it was intended, fault free. I have changed the casing so that it can be used with a 104 BCD chainring. When I removed the original casing I had to butcher it to remove one of the Allen screws as I rounded off the head. It doesn't suit my riding style, what is it worth? I have all the original packaging and bought it from Varstrom.

ill.nye321

Just Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Hi Guy's,

I bought a new TSDZ2B motor recently and I want to sell it. It's done 50 miles and works as it was intended, fault free. I have changed the casing so that it can be used with a 104 BCD chainring. When I removed the original casing I had to butcher it to remove one of the Allen screws as I rounded off the head. It doesn't suit my riding style, what is it worth? I have all the original packaging and bought it from Varstrom.
Whatcha looking to get for it?

Reactions: Jon Matthews

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Hi Guy's,

I don't see TSDZ2B motors available on Varstrom web page... when did you buy it?
Pictures would be helpful. I guess it is safe to assume there is no warranty?

Motor is worth exactly amount buyer is ready to pay and seller ready to accept. New TSDZ2B costs around £200. If I were you I would start asking £150 and then keep lowering price if unsuccessful.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Motor is worth exactly amount buyer is ready to pay and seller ready to accept. New TSDZ2B costs around £200. If I were you I would start asking £150 and then keep lowering price if unsuccessful.
I dont see any at £200. The all appear to be between 250-350.So 150 is a bit low.

Also if nobody is interested at that point, DO NOT reduce or keep reducing as you are just throwing away the money you initially spent right down the proverbial drain.
Either keep at that price till someone comes along, of remove it from sale and put it back up at a later point.
Its winter now, so theres going to be less interested in getting out into those cold wintery streets than there would be in the summer months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A part from Woosh, Risunuk are the only other place I have seen a 48v tsdz2 listed as 250w.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Post links then to cheaper offers.

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I don't see TSDZ2B motors available on Varstrom web page... when did you buy it?
Pictures would be helpful. I guess it is safe to assume there is no warranty?

Amazon Uk