Hello all .... Jelly legs !

RPe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
I have just ventured out on my new Gtech Sports for the first time.

60, overweight, unfit, had a bollocking from the Doc about lifestyle so it’s time for a bit of a change. I played a lot of Rugby so am now orthopaedically challenged to say the least.

My old ‘specialized’ road bike is gathering dust and hasn’t moved for 5 years .... to be honest this Gtech seems to be the answer to my prayers. I just did around 10 miles with a few stiffish climbs and when I got home I could tell I’d done some exercise ( hence the jelly legs ) ... perfect.

I plan to go out every day ( weather permitting of course ... ) and combine my exercise routine to include less beer and crap food more dog walks and more golf ...... we’ll see !

26/4/2018 .... 15st 9 lbs

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Only snow and ice should keep you off the road! :)

ianboydsnr

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Cumbria
I have just ventured out on my new Gtech Sports for the first time.

60, overweight, unfit, had a bollocking from the Doc about lifestyle so it’s time for a bit of a change. I played a lot of Rugby so am now orthopaedically challenged to say the least.

My old ‘specialized’ road bike is gathering dust and hasn’t moved for 5 years .... to be honest this Gtech seems to be the answer to my prayers. I just did around 10 miles with a few stiffish climbs and when I got home I could tell I’d done some exercise ( hence the jelly legs ) ... perfect.

I plan to go out every day ( weather permitting of course ... ) and combine my exercise routine to include less beer and crap food more dog walks and more golf ...... we’ll see !
Don’t overdo it, it’s tempting to rush into things, but your best off starting off easy, do 2-3 times a week, you need the breaks to let your body recover, as you get better increase the distance, otherwise you will feel tired all the time, cut out snacks, but don’t starve yourself, a gin and slimline is a great drink, make all your food from scratch, cut out ready made stuff, it’s full of sugar and fat, good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie and flecc

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
Don’t overdo it, it’s tempting to rush into things, but your best off starting off easy, do 2-3 times a week, you need the breaks to let your body recover, as you get better increase the distance, otherwise you will feel tired all the time, cut out snacks, but don’t starve yourself, a gin and slimline is a great drink, make all your food from scratch, cut out ready made stuff, it’s full of sugar and fat, good luck.
Thankyou Ian.Much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 22539

One step at a time ... this is going to be a long haul !
Welcome
Just make sure you enjoy it , there's nothing worse than overdoing something then getting sick of it :)

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Two weeks down the line for me as a new ebike rider - I’m loving every minute, using new / different routes every day for commuting and pleasure :cool:

The fresh air and exercise are making ebiking a pleasure.....not a chore :D

150 ish miles under my belt already :eek:

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
Two weeks down the line for me as a new ebike rider - I’m loving every minute, using new / different routes every day for commuting and pleasure :cool:

The fresh air and exercise are making ebiking a pleasure.....not a chore :D

150 ish miles under my belt already :eek:

Nice one Parky .... I was out this afternoon ... lovely sunshine peaceful and quiet it’s just great isn’t it.

Reactions: Parky

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Just a tad !

Been out this morning ( about 15 miles) bloody freezing. I need some better gloves and a balaclava type bit of kit.
Blimey....where are you and what time did you go out?

I was on a course at 8am....a golf course :)

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
Well done RPe - hope you benefit from your new activity - you will certainly enjoy it! Best wishes
Thankyou .... I’ve made a good start.Bit of a red wine setback yesterday when friends came round for lunch. Other than that all good so far and I am really enjoying getting out and about again.

Reactions: Parky