Help, controller wiring all in chinese

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I could cope with chinglish but full on chinese is too much. Ive got a kt controller on the way from china.But in the meantime got a uk based one off ebay ,so i can get the bike back in use. [36v 350w 17amp brushless motor controller for electric bike,scooter.From seller prosper2018.] In case i cant upload a photo with phone.Theres sooooo many wires. Halls , phase and power are obvious.But the rest i cant be sure of.I only need throttle and brakes. Im using my watt meter as display and had done away with the pas . Strangely the halls are the red &black, but the other 3 all green .It says intelligent controller so maybe it sets these up in the correct order? If anyone can help much thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Don' forget that you have to connect the ignition wire to the battery to power the controller. It's the thin red one on the battery connector.

The controller has self-learning of the hall and phase sequence, so you can put them in any order. You have to do the self-learning procedure before you try and use the throttle. When it's complete, disconnect the grey wires to keep the settings for normal use.

Last edited by a moderator:

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
1525909533079.jpg Thanks footpump and d8veh.looks pretty close.I have these wires to choose for the throttle.I'd imagine its the small black connector with red,black,green wires.tho the larger white connector also has red black green and seems connected to the brake? Maybe the PAS? I'd guess this red would be 12v if pas and the other plugs red 5v if that's the throttle ,labeled rolling handle in footpumps picture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Three pin white is the throttle. Small three pin black is PAS. Two pin white is the brake switch.

Make sure that wires are in the correct sequence because normally they don't match, which means you have to remove pins from the block and reinsert them in the correct place.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Three pin white is the throttle. Small three pin black is PAS. Two pin white is the brake switch.

Make sure that wires are in the correct sequence because normally they don't match, which means you have to remove pins from the block and reinsert them in the correct place.
Thanks d8veh that should be all i need with this set up.As the battery has an on/off swith i will just splice the ignition and pos together as i did before.

Benchie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 7, 2017
Bromsgrove
Regarding reading Chinese, you can easily download the google translate app onto your phone. You point the phones camera at the Chinese text and you get a live translation on your screen. It’s not perfect but should give you an accurate enough translation to work out what goes where.

• Agree
Reactions: BG bicycle

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Regarding reading Chinese, you can easily download the google translate app onto your phone. You point the phones camera at the Chinese text and you get a live translation on your screen. It’s not perfect but should give you an accurate enough translation to work out what goes where.
Awesome benchie technology these days. ill try that...With the missus phone.Every app i try to put on my galaxy ace 5830 gets...Blah blah incompatible...Buy a modern phone...

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall

Hi d8veh. Ive just been trying to find out if i need to do anything with this red connector ( black,blue,green) in the pic above.It seems to be a 3 speed ? Im reading the bike wont reach its max speed unless two of its wires are connected together? Is that right.Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

It depends what you mean by maximum speed. If it is a 3-speed connector, you will get normal operation without anything connected. If you connect the black to one side, it will restrict the speed. If you connect the black to the other side, it'll give a slight speed boost, provided that you're operating in sensored motor mode. You have to test to see which side is which, then you can put a switch on the boost side, which you should only use when already going fast, otherwise you'll get an efficiency lost. It works by altering the pulse timing, a bit like advancing the ignition timing on an IC engine at high speed.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
It depends what you mean by maximum speed. If it is a 3-speed connector, you will get normal operation without anything connected. If you connect the black to one side, it will restrict the speed. If you connect the black to the other side, it'll give a slight speed boost, provided that you're operating in sensored motor mode. You have to test to see which side is which, then you can put a switch on the boost side, which you should only use when already going fast, otherwise you'll get an efficiency lost. It works by altering the pulse timing, a bit like advancing the ignition timing on an IC engine at high speed.
Ah thanks will leave it alone then.Had read some saying it had to be spliced together or the bike would be speed restricted.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Had to check out the 3 speed thing,curiosity of a cat etc. I found however no speed increase. Both wires very noticebly reduced the speed the wheel was spinning at when in turn spliced to the ground wire. Strange,theres tons of info out there always saying one goes boom an the other pffft.anyone an idea?