help in finding 7 speed screw on freewheel for 350w rear hub moter.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all received 350w rear hub moter kit from elife during the week , I need a 7 speed screw on freewheel.

having googled and searched e bay I can only find shimano type splined freewheels

Halfords had one 11-28t but £17 ( I only tend to use the 4 lowest cogs on my exising freewheel shimano which I intend to swap out rear hub for the newer one)

so would prefer 14-32 if possible

but cannot find anything on ebay. pic of freewheel moter

Attachments

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
hi all received 350w rear hub moter kit from elife during the week , I need a 7 speed screw on freewheel.

having googled and searched e bay I can only find shimano type splined freewheels

Halfords had one 11-28t but £17 ( I only tend to use the 4 lowest cogs on my exising freewheel shimano which I intend to swap out rear hub for the newer one)

so would prefer 14-32 if possible

but cannot find anything on ebay. pic of freewheel moter
Try Amazon and others as below
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000WFHUKQ/ref=sr_1_1_olp/262-3419391-0959234?ie=UTF8&qid=1516803383&sr=8-1&keywords=7+speed+freewheel+screw+on

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Aren’t all free wheels ‘screw on’? It’s just the type of fitting on the removal tool that varies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
thanks all on the elife web site someone has pointed out the shimano freewheel is not the correct one.
all the shimano freewheels have splines.
the one I was shown in Halfords there own brand , was just threaded.
there cycle mechanic had gone home so could not double check.

the supplied freewheel tool has splines, so makes it a bit confusing

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
went to Halfords today with pic of moter wheel axle, was told shimano was not the correct one ie megarange, need scew on type.
in the end purchased the Halfords 14-28.
getting home the halford one has splines for tighten and undo

Attachments

malkie0831

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
GB
went to Halfords today with pic of moter wheel axle, was told shimano was not the correct one ie megarange, need scew on type.
You only need the splines to remove a freewheel, the ‘ratchet’ is locked when you screw it on the wheel thread.

A cassette hub has splines and a thread, a freewheel hub has only a thread.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think you got a bit mixed up with what Halfords originally offered you. 11/28 is a cassette that goes on a spline. 14T freewheels (screw on) are common as muck. You can get them anywhere and they're very cheap.

Just to make it clear what the two types are:
The type that goes on a spline is a free-hub - normally called a cassette.
The type that screws on is called a free-wheel.