Help me source this part

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
yes but suntour to Halfords built without a clue spec and probably only for them
Nah they make others, not in the UK though. All sport this connector as far as I can tell. Halfords has exclusive deal in the UK with them though

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Would be good to be able to compare it with a Julet and Higo motor connector. The pin config. could be the same. Does this motor have a split cable, or does it run right back to the controller? I have a Q100 motor that I think has Higo connectors, will check later.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Would be good to be able to compare it with a Julet and Higo motor connector. The pin config. could be the same. Does this motor have a split cable, or does it run right back to the controller? I have a Q100 motor that I think has Higo connectors, will check later.
It runs straight to controller. I think im just going to splice them with bullets or similar because finding this is proving impossible

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
That's the reverse of the Julet 9 pin motor connectors, which have the male pins in a male plug. In OP's situation, they put the male pins in a female receptacle.

There's a lot of good features about the 9 pin motor connectors. Compact. Fit thru a 12mm axle nut. But not for high currents. Sometimes hard to plug together. Not easy to probe/diagnose.

You could buy the extension cable pictured earlier. Splice the female side inside the controller (easy). Splice the male side to motor (more difficult). Bullets and a six pin molex is easier, but kind of ugly,

P1070288.jpg

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Good point harrys, they are the opposite to the connectors I've got. I've used 3 pin amass connectors for motor wires a few times, they are solder on, but nice and solid. Having a split in the cable near the motor deff. makes wheel removal a lot easier. I've got a motor at the moment with a damaged cable that is now not long enough to reach the controller, ordered an extension cable. Could be my 1st attempt at a motor rewire:eek: