Help needed to find new bike £500 or less

Live_Steam_Mad

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2016
NW England
I see that the Coyote Classique got droppped a couple of weeks back from the Halfords website and now they have just introduced an almost indentical (just different colors) alternative called Coyote Classique Heritage (blue and white), same price at 600 GBP. Decathlon still haven't introduced their new range yet. The prices in the Decathlon Europe website are astounding, we seem to get a much better deal in UK for the exact same bikes. And the most discount I have ever seen at Decathlon UK is 5 per cent off LOL. Decathlon Elops 500 stayed at 530 GBP, no Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Boxing Day or January sale for it.

Regards,

Alistair G.

Live_Steam_Mad

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2016
NW England
Today Decathlon have introduced their new model Elops 500E. Price has gone up by 30 quid to 560 GBP compared to the old model that I bought recently. I'm not so keen on the new model's black finish or the 2 frame tubes instead of 1 at the front, but that's a personal preference. I don't like the built in frame light at the front since you cannot seem to vary the angle it points at.

Torque on the motor, number of speeds, materials, specifications are all the same as the old model (26Nm, rear hub motor, steel frame, 24V, 8.8Ah battery which is identical to the one I have, same 1.9Kg battery weight for carrying in backpack to stop it getting nicked).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/elops-500-e-electric-bike-id_8379379.html

Regards,

Alistair G.

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV